Lost in Babylon by Peter Lerangis

Lost in Babylon

by Peter Lerangis

This lived up to the first book in the series... it might even have been better! ( )
  MarinMWay | Jul 17, 2017 |
Decent series. Left on a huge cliffhanger :). ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
This was a little slow. Still a great concept in the story and the underlying tale of the two groups is growing and getting more entwined with our protagonist!! Still ended on a great cliff hanger :) ( )
  MrNattania | Oct 29, 2016 |
I like the introduction of string theory, wormholes and physics in general into this adventure. It's one thing to try and work out what Cass is always saying backwards, another to work out repeating decimal patterns, covert obscure fractions and understand differences in how time passes on either side of the wormhole. An excellent adventure and themes of friendship, family and betrayal. ( )
  jkrnomad | Jul 1, 2016 |
I read this book with my son and it was a decent read. I enjoyed the first half of the book when Jack, Cass, Ally, and Marco journey into a sort of time rift of old Babylon. This was very cool and it was neat to learn about the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

The second part of the book was a bit more boring as we deal with the Massa. There is a lot of losing and refinding the Loculi which felt kind of repetitive. The kids are struggling a lot with whom to trust, the Karai Institute or the Massa.

I enjoy that there is a lot of adventure and some humor in these books. Me and my son both find them to be fairly engaging reads. They are not our favorite books, but they are fun all the same. I do like the conversation and humor a lot; it just makes the books more fun to read out loud.

Overall a good continuation of this series. I would recommend to middle grade readers who love action and adventure novels. I think adults might get a bit bored with the repetitive plot, so I wouldn’t necessarily recommend for adults. We will most likely continue with this series because my son seems to enjoy it. ( )
  krau0098 | Apr 21, 2016 |

Journeying to the ancient city of Babylon when Bhegad tracks down Marco, the companions face a daunting choice involving a dire trap and a long-lost figure from Jack's past.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,591,187 books! | Top bar: Always visible