Capital Kill by Marc Rainer

Capital Kill

by Marc Rainer

I took this book through kindle unlimited as I promised to read it and review it as part of the Mystery Week Event. For a moment there, I was sorry that I offered – the description of the book made me groan: not another one of these! And then I started to read it – I couldn’t put it down! Honestly, it’s been a long time that I have read such a good book.
Everything is off the scale: fluid narrative, full of twists, concise though, catching. It was informative without being boring. Actually, it made me want to be able to read faster so that I could learn more.

The author avoided all boring tropes and his writing was far from conventional. He didn’t stumble once. There wasn’t a moment when I could say: well, he was stuck in an idea here and just droned on.
The characters are not only well developed but they are three dimensional. There is no character that displays only one feature. Of course, Jeff Trask and Lassiter stand out; however, all the others are well fleshed-out. No character is absolutely positive and their actions are not linear. Their language is not annoyingly uniform and the background stories are developed enough to make the reader understand where the people came from.
I would certainly recommend this book – it is clever, exciting and informative (without making you to fall asleep). Moreover, I do hope Mr. Rainer continues to write. I would welcome a new book written with his wit and skill. ( )
  roxana.nastase | Apr 10, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,544,085 books! | Top bar: Always visible