Killing Custer by Margaret Coel

Killing Custer

by Margaret Coel

I never want this series to end! ( )
  RhondasReading | Jun 2, 2016 |
This is first book in the Wind River mystery series I've read. It won't be my last. A well plotted story with believeable characters. ( )
  lewilliams | Sep 24, 2015 |
I thoroughly enjoy the Wind River mysteries by Margaret Coel. I love how she sets up the mystery and the steps it takes Vicky and Father John to solve it. The twists and turns her stories take make her books truly page turners. Coel's books are enjoyable reading for a mystery lover. ( )
  CandyH | Apr 25, 2015 |
After eagerly anticipating this book, I was sadly disappointed. The plot sounded interesting, but with each of the historical reenactors playing two roles, it became confusing and difficult to follow. I'm sorry to say that this is my least favorite book in this series. ( )
  poetreegirl | May 13, 2014 |
I love Margaret Coel's Windy River mysteries. Father John and Vicky are two of my favourite modern-day sleuths. Their relationship is always a big part of the enjoyment that I get from these books. In this book we have an historical happening that is meshed with a modern-day mystery. The book begins with Col. Edward Garrett who is a General Custer impersonator. The whole town of Lander is out to see the parade where General Custer and his 7th Calvary march in full regalia. This is the beginning of Custer's Wild West Show that will be part of the annual rodeo. Emotions run very high because the Arapahoes on the Windy River Reserve do not have any love for the real General Custer, and Father John and Vicky are worried that bad things are going to happen. Well of course they do happen, and it begins with the shooting death of one of the parade participants. A well-known local attorney goes missing and by the time Father John and Vicky uncover the truth, a whole lot more damage is done.This book is a quick and an enjoyable read like all the books in this series are. ( )
  Romonko | Oct 24, 2013 |

In her pulse-pounding mysteries, New York Times bestselling author Margaret Coel interweaves authentic Native American culture and history with modern-day suspense. In the latest Wind River novel, Arapaho attorney Vicky Holden and Father John O’Malley are caught between two cultures that  won’t let go of the past—and a killer who won’t leave any witnesses…

The whole town of Lander has turned out for the big parade celebrating the start of the new rodeo season. The main spectacle this year is the appearance of Colonel Edward Garrett—a spot-on impersonator of General George Armstrong Custer—and a troop of men acting as the ill-fated Seventh Cavalry.

The problem is they are being followed by a group of Arapaho warriors from the Wind River Reservation, who proceed to encircle Garrett and his men in a “dare ride” just to remind them exactly who won the Battle of the Little Bighorn. But when the ride is over, history seems to have repeated itself: Garrett is dead in the street with a bullet hole in his chest.

No one is sure what happened, but public sentiment quickly turns against the Arapaho—and the prime suspect is Colin Morningside, a descendant of Crazy Horse. When a local attorney connected to Morningside disappears, the accusations only grow stronger.

Father John O’Malley knows in his heart the Arapaho are not guilty. And Vicky Holden finds herself professionally and personally compromised from getting involved. But what begins as a murder soon reveals itself as a conspiracy that neither Father John nor Vicky could have foreseen. And someone wants to ensure that the truth they discover will die with them…

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:24 -0400)

When Colin Morningside, a descendant of Crazy Horse, is accused of murdering a General Armstrong Custer impersonator, Father John O'Malley and Vicky Holden must find the truth, which leads them into a deadly conspiracy that neither of them could have foreseen.… (more)

Margaret Coel is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Margaret Coel chatted with LibraryThing members from Sep 20, 2010 to Sep 27, 2010. Read the chat.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,146,085 books! | Top bar: Always visible