How the Oysters Saved the Bay by Jeff Dombek

How the Oysters Saved the Bay

by Jeff Dombek

431,664,912 (4)None

This is a fun creative fictional approach to how the bay is filtered. I had found this book in a small bookstore in Easton. It is a local book and tackles much of the same issues as Chadwick the crab, rather from a perspective of an oyster. The main theme of the book is to portray some environmental approaches and development of the Chesapeake.

I liked this book. It has simple watercolor illustrations. The textures of the illustrations really gives the reader an underwater feeling to them. The texture of the illustrations also gives the book a fun feel to them. I like how clear pages were even used.

I also think the storyline is appealing to younger readers. I like how Chester (which is an actual river) and Martha team up with the other oysters. The dialogue is simple and direct, which caters to a younger reader. ( )
  larasimmons2 | Nov 25, 2013 |
Absolutely delightful! I have a three year old & now he likes to go into the seafood department at the grocery store to see if his friends might be there! The illustrations are beautiful & it really is a cute story! I would expect to see it as a souvenir from some Chesapeake Bay gift shop, certainly a book to hold onto! ( )
  fashionablyloud1 | May 5, 2013 |
Oysters Chester and Meredith have a big problem. They realize that pollution in the water of the Chesapeake Bay is making the underwater grasses sick. The peaceful habitat of so many is at stake! Can they possibly clear up this murky problem with the help of all their saltwater friends? Early Reader; Ages 5-8.

It is a well written story that keeps his interest every time we read it. Cleverly written with beautiful illustrations. Children of all ages will enjoy. If you love the Chesapeake Bay this is a must read.

Oysters and sea creatures are among his favorites so it’s a great book which reinforces that love. The pictures are wonderful to look at as well. I highly recommend the book to other parents!

I was given this book from NetGalley and Schiffer Publishing. ( )
  MaryAnn12 | Apr 30, 2013 |

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:20 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,830,880 books! | Top bar: Always visible