The Private Eye #1 by Brian K. Vaughan

The Private Eye #1

by Brian K. Vaughan, Marcos Martin (Illustrator)

Other authors: Muntsa Vicente (Illustrator), Muntsa Vicente (Illustrator)

Series: The Private Eye (1)

Futuristic science-fiction private investigator story

An unlicensed journalist/private eye gets involved in a case with dark consequences (murder, cults). Set in a future in which the internet cloud has burst and everybody’s secrets were revealed. Now people wear masks to hide their identity as the only means to keep secrets. The Press are the only ones investigating crime.

This is engaging and entertaining, colourful and well-illustrated. Highly recommended ( )
  PaulAllard | Dec 15, 2015 |
Uma promessa mui jeitosa. ^^ ( )
  Ritinha_ | Aug 26, 2015 |
Very compelling story and graphics, very bad choice of format.
While this is something that begs you to keep reading it until the last page, being in digital format makes you to make a constant effort to do it.
Give me the chance to grab this on paper, and not only I'll do it, I'll also give it 5 stars (and keep reading the series). ( )
  Mind_Booster_Noori | Apr 8, 2015 |
"The Private Eye" tells the story of a private eye chasing a case in a dystopian future where the internet has broken down. Encompassing 300 or so pages, the comic is action-packed and zigzags through various plot twists before landing on its momentous finale.

The art and story for "The Private Eye" are both solid, though not up to the standards of Vaughan's "Saga" series. Much of this relates to its method production. "Saga" is a commercially produced and disturbed series. "The Private Eye" is a digital-only, pay-what-you-want experiment in publishing. And judging from those lens, it's an astounding success. ( )
  jasonli | Mar 20, 2015 |
The greatest contribution to the hardboiled, private eye genre of the 21st millennium. A phenomenal read that tackles issues of privacy and technology in a fun romp of a read. It questions the very existence of the internet we take for granted (which is the medium of its publication!!) Fans of Brian K. Vaughn's sharp writing will rejoice at this pop-savvy story that blends so well with Marcos Martin's stunning art. Best enjoyed on a horizontal tablet view. It's writing and publishing at its finest! From the creators' site:
"Welcome to Panel Syndicate, where artist Marcos Martin and writer Brian K. Vaughan deliver original comics directly to readers around the world, who pay whatever the hell they want for each DRM-free issue. Our first new storyline is THE PRIVATE EYE, a forward-looking mystery we created with colorist Muntsa Vicente. Set in a future where privacy is considered a sacred right and everyone has a secret identity, The Private Eye is a serialized sci-fi detective story for mature readers. You can download our new 29-page seventh issue, and all of the other previous issues right now, for any price you think is fair. 100% of your payments go directly into our greedy mitts and will help fund the rest of a story that we're both very proud of (we hope there will be around 10 issues total; an old-school "maxiseries!"), so thanks for reading..."
http://panelsyndicate.com ( )
  Jemyishai | Jul 4, 2014 |

Vaughan, Brian K.Authorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Martin, MarcosIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Muntsa VicenteIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Vicente, MuntsaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,604,310 books! | Top bar: Always visible