More Than Mischief: The Hurley Vance Series:…

More Than Mischief: The Hurley Vance Series: Book One (Volume 1)

by J.D. Nock

J.D. Nock writes in a very descriptive way, which took a bit of getting used to at the beginning of the book. However, once I adapted to his style (and his glossary - which read similar to that of A Clockwork Orange), I found this book to be a very exciting read that I couldn't put down. The subject matter reads similar to that of The Fountainhead by Rand, but much much much more accessible. I will definitely be looking for the second book in the series! ( )
  cszimmer | Jul 29, 2013 |
I received an ebook version of this book from a LibraryThing Giveaway. This was an intelligently written, very compelling dystopia story. I enjoyed reading it quite a bit. I hope that there is a sequel to it some day to pick up where this story leaves off. I would definitely like to read more about the characters and find out what happens next. ( )
  Barb_H | Jun 9, 2013 |
I would like to acknowledge that I received an e-copy of this book from the author via LibraryThing in return for an honest review. I personally rely on reviews of books before trying them and so my reviews are genuine.

Usually lead characters are poor or downtrodden people who aspire to help the cause of the common people. However Hurley Vance has grown up in a priveleged position and would continue to live in a luxurious manner if he would just stop questioning things. This is not something that he wants to do even though he is advised to by his father and many others. As soon as I started reading this book I could barely put it down. It was very well written and I would happily recommend it. ( )
  Natalie_Fallon | Jun 4, 2013 |
I liked the book but I was almost immediately put off by the author's note. People in this book speak in unusual terms so look to the back of the book for a glossary. I didn't buy a book. I have a kindle. I don't like to look toward the end until I'm done. Why can't the author notate? Just until the words become clear. I felt like I had to look up the words and that made it seem like work. Ugh.. whats wrong with English? The overall story..corruption, the teacher. Great idea. But make it easier for me to read it.
  ijpanko | May 29, 2013 |
Well here is another to test my concentration. An alternative life for ALL people. After a chapter I got into the story. Amazing details I loved it.Got use to the strange words. Was entralled till the end. waiting for follow on to continue the story. carmenmaranda ( )
  Carmenmaranda | May 23, 2013 |

J.D. Nock is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,443,907 books! | Top bar: Always visible