Payoff by Alex Hughes

This is a novella set shortly after the events of the previous book where the hero is suffering what he fears will be the permanent loss of his abilities.
He investigates the disappearance and murder of a young college student and is basically thrown into it on his own as his partner is take elsewhere on other work. Without his abilities, he's forced to rely on his intelligence and experience and isn't convinced of the use of either. ( )
  quiBee | Jan 21, 2016 |
I didn't realize this came out until much later after I read the first book. This does deal with things that happened in the first book but it also doesn't ruin the action that happened there if someone reads this first. I like that this is in the future but due to the Tech wars some things are the same as now and other things are advanced. I also have a soft spot for SF mysteries and it is nice having another series to read. A nice way to hook readers of police mysteries if you know someone out there that reads them.
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jul 8, 2014 |

Being a telepath, I should have seen the hell I was getting myself into I used to be one of the most powerful telepaths in the guild. That was before my drug addiction and before they kicked me out. But I'm not a bad guy. Now I help the Atlanta PD solve murders. And even though there are only a few people I call friends, I'd do most anything to keep their trust. So when a judge asks me to help investigate a missing college kid, I'm down for it. No questions asked. No problem. But in this dark world, things are never easy and a favor is never just a favor. Turns out, politicians don't like being murder suspects. And it's bad to anger someone with more power than you. I thought I had nothing to lose... I was wrong. Includes a preview of Alex Hughes's Sharp… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,417,632 books! | Top bar: Always visible