The Man Who Watched the World End by Chris…

The Man Who Watched the World End

by Chris Dietzel

A very moving and touching account of humanity's slow journey toward extinction, as seen through the eyes of one man desperately trying to retain his humanity. The story was told in the form of daily journal entries as the main character cares for his brother and discussed his thoughts and feelings, and redirects on times when life was normal.

I listened to the audiobook version, which was an excellent production. The story was a unique and interesting take on the end of the world. The writing was intelligent and expressive, filled with moments of humor, thoughtfulness and sadness. I'd be happy to read the next installment of The Great Devolution series. ( )
  BlackAsh13 | Jul 1, 2016 |

Picked up the sample because the cover caught my eye when I was purchasing some books on Amazon. It is a post-apocalyptic tale that had a few deviations from the norm for the genre. The most important one being the age of the protagonist. The book was well formatted and GSP (grammar, spelling, punctuation) gets an A .

That is what worked for me, however, I won't be purchasing. The mechanics of the actual tale didn't gel. We are down to the last handful of aged survivors in a world where humans cannot produce viable spawn, yet everything works perfectly... water, electricity, etc. It doesn't work for me with how the author wants to stress the flora and fauna have taken over.

I might pick it up if were free, but won't spend money on it. ( )
1 vote autumnturner76 | Sep 22, 2014 |

Chris Dietzel is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,229,636 books! | Top bar: Always visible