Madeline's Protector by Vanessa Riley

Author: Vanessa Riley http://www.christianregency.com/
Pages: 354
Year: 2013
Publisher: White Rose Publishing
Note: I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book from www.bookfun.org
What is the desire of your heart? Do you even know or can you even put that desire into words? Where do you look when you long to understand the mysteries within your own heart? Madeline’s Protector is set in England in the year of our Lord, 1821. Unique is the history of this nation and lands, and the author weaves a tale sure to ensnare your attention and capture your heart.
Madeline is a young woman scarred from the behavior of an unruly man and beset with fears that anyone she is close to will be lost to her sooner rather than later. Her father is a duke who has vast holdings along with a shattered faith and heart when he lost his first wife. Now, the duke is married to a woman who is cold and hateful.
Lord Devonshire, Justain Deleveaux, comes to Maddie’s aid when she unknowingly comes close to death more than once. Each time he longs to care for her because his past is littered with scandals as well as guilt when he loses his brother. Justain is now the lone heir who has been raised with responsibilities that long ago were laid upon each succeeding generation who became heir of the estate.
During one particular night in a storm, running for their lives in Justain’s carriage, tragedy befalls the occupants. Through the succeeding pages a tale full of twists and turns, joys and sorrows and faith against doubt begin to play out in the characters’ lives. What at first is thought to be a mistake or a chance meeting leads the readers on an adventure to see who will eventually capture the heart of the heir.
Like a chocolate covered treat, the previous paragraphs are my attempt to tempt you to want to read this excellent novel. I want you to know that normally I am not one to read in this genre, but I am so glad that I read and enjoyed this one. I plan to share this story with others. Yes, it has romance in it and the fulfillment of that romance can be found in One and One alone. Faith in Christ enables us to receive a gift we don’t earn, but is given with a death of love that words cannot describe.
Pick up a copy, spend time getting lost in a historical romance that is so much deeper than mere words can convey. However, don’t be surprised if you think of others who may enjoy such a tale as this one titled, Madeline’s Protector.
My rating is 5 stars.
Note: The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility. Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Aug 6, 2013 |
After being accosted by a nephew of her Step-Mother's, Madeline is heading to her Aunts for seclusion and hiding. When her carriage breaks down, and a thief relieves her of her purse, she is befriended by Justain Delveaux, or Lord Devonshire. Her misfortune doesn't stop there...then Justain's Coach is attacked.
Once they are rescued and Justain gets her to her Aunt, the Aunt tells him that he has compromised Maddie's Honor, by spending a night in a cave. Never mind he saved her life!
This story has a lot of twists and turns. Justain, has some growing up to do and need to rely in God's Will. Madeline has a great Love of the Lord, and tries to follow his will in all things. Come on a ride of old England, we travel the country side and old estates. There are some good surprises along the way, and some rather scary. Enjoy!!

I received this book through First Wildcard Book Tours, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | May 1, 2013 |

If all the young men of England leapt off a cliff, Madeline St. James wouldn't care. Then she'd have peace. Her nightmares of courtship would end,and she'd cozy up with a Psalm in her aunt's quiet sculpture garden. Yet, a chance meeting and a bullet wound change everything, and Madeline must trust the Good Shepherd has led her to the altar to marry a dashing stranger, Lord Devonshire. Death and pain are no strangers to Justain Delveaux, Lord Devonshire, and he vows his dutiful bride will be kept safe and in her place. Though this compromised marriage is in-name-only, his wife and her unwavering faith both intrigue and allure him. Perchance when he thwarts his brother's killer, Justain will tempt the unpredictable Madeline with the comfort of his arms. But can Madeline and the stubborn earl forge a true bond before the next disaster strikes?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,335,885 books! | Top bar: Always visible