Pros and Cons: A Short Story (Kindle Single)…

Pros and Cons: A Short Story (Kindle Single) (Fox and O'Hare series)

by Janet Evanovich, Lee Goldberg

2031357,794 (3.81)1

This one was also a lot of fun :) I'm glad to have gotten this preview for the series - which I plan to read soon. ( )
  hopeevey | May 20, 2018 |
Cute short story that sets up the characters and a little of the backstory for the upcoming book [b:The Heist|16169737|The Heist (O'Hare and Fox #1)|Janet Evanovich|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1365249892s/16169737.jpg|22016392]. This was entertaining and I'm looking forward to reading the book. ( )
  dorie.craig | Jun 22, 2017 |
Aww...the criminal you just can't help but love. ❤️ His precision only makes Kate's agitation worse. Totally fun read! ( )
  whybehave2002 | Apr 2, 2017 |
I was a little bummed to find out that this was just a short story -- I'd put a hold on it at the library and it became available this morning, and that's when I realized there were only 39 pages... I started reading it on the bus ride to work and was done well before the bus got into the city. LOL!

That said, I definitely enjoyed this. :) These are fun characters and it was nice to be able to read about them some more. I'd read the novel before; I didn't know this short story even existed until I went browsing new additions on the library website. It doesn't really make any difference if you have or haven't read this story before you read the novel, honestly. And finding it just gave me a few more pages to enjoy characters that I like, so it's all good. :) ( )
  cybercarotte | Nov 23, 2016 |
I wasn't even aware that this existed until a few weeks ago. I read The Heist when it came out and loved it. This was so funny! I loved reading about the events referenced in the first chapter of The Heist. Nick and Kate remind me so much of Kate and Castle. I can't wait to read more of this series! ( )
  CarpeLibrum58 | Jun 4, 2016 |

Janet Evanovichprimary authorall editionscalculated
Goldberg, Leemain authorall editionsconfirmed
FBI Special Agent Kate O’Hare sat in her cramped cubicle at the Federal Building in West Los Angeles and stared at her computer screen.

FBI special agent Kate O’Hare has made it her mission to nail international con artist Nicolas Fox. When she discovers his plot to plunder a venture capitalist’s twentieth-story Chicago penthouse of all its cash and treasures while the self-proclaimed “King of Hostile Takeovers” is getting married, Kate is 85 percent—okay maybe 92 percent—sure that she’s finally going to bag Nick Fox.

Problem is, first Kate has to convince her boss, building security, and maybe even herself, that wedding planner Merrill Stubing is actually Nicolas Fox. Second, she has to figure out how to corner and capture him without disrupting the event of the year. And third, what’s going to happen once O’Hare finally gets her hands on Fox? It’s going take a pro to catch a con before the fireworks over Lake Michigan go off.

FBI special agent Kate O'Hare has made it her mission to nail international con artist Nicolas Fox. When she discovers his plot to plunder a venture capitalist's twentieth-story Chicago penthouse of all its cash and treasures while the self-proclaimed "King of Hostile Takeovers" is getting married, Kate is 85 percent--okay maybe 92 percent--sure that she's finally going to bag Nick Fox. Problem is, first Kate has to convince her boss, building security, and maybe even herself, that wedding planner Merrill Stubing is actually Nicolas Fox. Second, she has to figure out how to corner and capture him without disrupting the event of the year. And third, what's going to happen once O'Hare finally gets her hands on Fox? It's going take a pro to catch a con before the fireworks over Lake Michigan go off. Prequel to The Heist.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,296,008 books! | Top bar: Always visible