The One Who Got Away (Romantic Suspense)…

The One Who Got Away (Romantic Suspense) (Love and Danger, #3)

by Amy Gamet

I have read several books by this author. I liked them all. This book was quickly read, and enjoyed, but I also believe that it could have been a little more in depth. I had already learned a little bit about Gwen in a prior book, that hinted at the "feelings" she gets, but nothing that would explain how she could rescue trained officers in a shoot out or kill a man with a well placed high heel shoe. I like the fact that she is strong, smart, and independent - there was a U.S. Marshall in the mix and he was usually the one in need of saving.
She was so in love with her husband, David, and believed he died in an accident - only to find out later he was murdered and she has to solve the mystery. There is also the point that she and Colin shared an attraction a lifetime ago that she did not act on because she was marrying David. We find out a lot about Colin and David's past. Great ideas, interesting plot. It would be an even greater story to get into what makes Gwen tick.
I was given a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  TinaMarieSays | Sep 26, 2013 |
THE ONE WHO GOT AWAY by Amy Gamet is an exciting Romantic Suspense. #3 in the "Love and Danger" series, but can be read as a stand alone. Join, Gwen Trueblood,a widowed artist and U.S. Marshal Colin Mitchell on a journey through the Witness Protection Program,secrets,betrayal, passion,murder,and suspense. When it comes to light that Gwen's husband's death was not an accident but premeditated murder,Gwen turns to Colin and the trouble begins.....both Gwen and Colin are now targets of a truly evil murderer. Another hit for the truly talented Romantic Suspense author. With engaging characters,danger on every corner, passion igniting,suspense and romance what's not to enjoy. Fast paced and action filled. Another smoldering passionate story by this author. If you enjoy Romantic Suspense and action than "The One Who Got Away" is the story for you for read! It has everyone a Romantic Suspense junkie could possibly want from romance, to passion to danger. A must read! Received for an honest review from the author.
RATING: 4.5
HEAT RATING: MILD
REVIEWED BY: AprilR, Review courtesy of My Book Addiction and More ( )
  MyBookAddiction | Aug 28, 2013 |
Amy Gamet has written another fantastic book. This is the story of Gwen, whose husband died years ago in a skiing accident. Though led to believe his death was an accident, Gwen learns it may not have been an accident and that her husband, David, was in the Witness Protection Program. Wanting the truth, Gwen takes off to see Colin, a friend of David’s with whom she was also was mildly flirtatious just before she married David, and who is a US Marshall working with the Witness Protection Program. As they search for answers, they rekindle their attraction for each other. However, Gwen has not totally put her love for David to rest, though both she and Colin are ready to begin their love. Can she finally let Colin into her heart, after putting her love for David to rest? Can Colin assist her doing this? All the while, they search for answers about David’s death. They finally find the answers they seek, but will they also find the love they have and allow it to grow? The author has written a fantastic book. If I had to fault anything, I would probably say that I would have preferred the story to move a bit faster. Nevertheless, the book did hold my interest. Ms. Gamet definitely knows how to craft a great love story, against the backdrop of a great suspense tale. I received this from the author to read and review. ( )
  KMT01 | Jul 19, 2013 |
Amy Gamet does it again! The One Who Got Away picks up where Meant for Her left off. After cheering Julie and Hank, readers now get to know Julie’s Aunt Gwen as she tries to bring justice to her late husband after realizing that his death might not have been accidental. In order to do so, she’s forced to return to her old stomping grounds and work with Colin, the man she still thinks about, the one who got away.
Jam-packed with adventure, suspense, and romantic tension, this book was hard to put down. Gamet writes in a way that captures the reader’s attention from the first page (I could feel myself finger painting on a canvas alongside Gwen), and she is knowledgeable about the topics on which she writes (in this case, WITSEC, the Witness Security Program). Move this book to the top of your summer reading list! ( )
  jurai2 | Jun 27, 2013 |
4.5 stars

Suspense... CHECK!
Romance... CHECK!

I love the story.. It's not that heavy and the suspense will leave you wanting for more.. The love-scenes are not too heavy but I like how it was made..

So if you are looking for a book that has romance and suspense in one, The One Who Got Away is what you need!! ( )
  MsMe28 | Jun 6, 2013 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Amy Gamet's book The One Who Got Away (Romantic Suspense) was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Amy Gamet is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,426,599 books! | Top bar: Always visible