Collapse Depth by Todd Tucker

Collapse Depth

by Todd Tucker

ebook (2) Kindle (1) mine (1) on-my-ipad (1) thriller (1) to-read (4)

Collapse Depth by Todd Tucker is fairly good. It appears to be an accurate telling of nuclear submarine life and that I enjoyed. The plot is okay; it could have been a lot better. Tucker should have kept from revealing the saboteur so early. Even the red herring was disclosed to the reader. So we are left with how was the saboteur going to do it and when? The suspense was a little slow, but the climax was excellent. I really liked how Tucker pulled off the ending, very ingenious.

Someone needs to go through and edit this novel because it has multiple typos, substituted words (Nav was referred to as Navy once), etc. A simple read-through would discover most of them. Since there are so many acronyms, the typos would occasionally throw me off.

If you like submarine novels, I still recommend it. ( )
  DonCranford | Dec 3, 2013 |
Unfamiliar with life on a submarine and intrigued by the book description, I downloaded a free Kindle version of "Collapse Depth" and started reading immediately - leaving my 58 other downloads to collect additional electronic dust in the "to be read" folder. I found the story both educational and suspenseful, learning technical terms, gaining an understanding of the day to day life on a nuclear Trident submarine, and then wondering whether or not the saboteur will be successful in destroying the boat. The book is difficult to put down because there is always something new introduced into the storyline - forcing readers to stay up late at night to see how these new emergencies are handled. Kept my interest throughout!

Like many of the other reviewers, I also found the typos and formatting errors distracting, at times, having to stop and decipher before continuing. Mr. Tucker, do yourself a favor and have "Collapse Depth" edited and properly formatted...it will reap huge benefits in the future.

John Podlaski, author
Cherries - A Vietnam War Novel ( )
  JPodlaski | Jul 7, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,658,130 books! | Top bar: Always visible