The Beloved Daughter by Alana Terry

The Beloved Daughter

by Alana Terry

Amazing! This was such a wonderful story! I loved the perspective and each character was described with such vivid details. I think I fell in love with them all. Thank you for sharing this perspective on an event I know so little about. ( )
  LilyLaruso | Jun 5, 2015 |
Powerful, emotional, quick read on what real Christian persecution looks like. well written and not cheesy. ( )
  revslick | May 18, 2015 |
I found the bonus material very helpful after reading the novel, The Beloved Daughter. It helped me to understand the author's reasons for writing the book and all the research that she did previous to writing the book. It also answered some of the questions that I had about the book. This book must have been difficult to write. What a tragic story of religious persecution. ( )
  iadam | Oct 25, 2014 |
I received this book as an ebook free from the author through LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review. This is an incredible story and an eye-opener to religious persecution in today’s world. I knew of the persecution of Christians and the underground church in North Korea and China but I guess I didn’t want to admit to myself how bad it really was. Alana Terry tells us of the atrocities of horrendous torture, starvation, and degradation that the prisoners endure in this narrative. After reading this book I really appreciate my religious freedoms and how I’m blessed. The author does an excellent job of making us aware of the struggles of Christians and the underground church in North Korea today. This book leaves a lasting impression of the strength and struggles of the Christians in North Korea. They will be in my thoughts and prayers. ( )
  iadam | Oct 22, 2014 |
This book was well written and easy to read. It caught my attention right away drawing me into the story. Although it was a true story, it wasn't dull or boring at all. It was written as though telling the tale to her daughter, but it didn't avoid difficult areas. I would highly recommend this book. ( )
  Paulaff | Aug 25, 2014 |
This is a very difficult book to read, and difficult to find appropriate words to review. The content in this book is overwhelming to one who has never lived outside of freedom. My lack of understanding regarding the strength and courage it took for Chung Cha to survive the atrocities she suffered throughout her years of imprisonment restricts me. I cannot imagine the torture and horrifying conditions. Alana Terry's insight into the life of her characters is outstanding and meritorious! She has written a novel of epic proportions with tremendous impact, and without the use of graphic violence, language or description. An in-depth amount of research regarding the subject matter had to take place in order to create this intense and unforgettable memoir. This is an exceptionally well written narrative, one that I highly recommend and would award 5-plus stars!
added by NanceeM | editMy blog, Nancee Marchinowski (Oct 27, 2013)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Alana Terry's book The Beloved Daughter was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Alana Terry is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,924,424 books! | Top bar: Always visible