Half Bad by Sally Green

English (64)  Danish (1)  All languages (65)
Half Bad is one of the better YA books I have read lately. The characters were fully realized, the hero is someone to root for but he is flawed, and the story moves fast enough to grab the attention of my boy readers. I will definitely be recommending this one in my middle school library (but only for eighth graders- our hero has a bit of a dirty mind in spots). ( )
  kweber319 | May 13, 2019 |
I dunno. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. I didn't so much enjoy the second person point of view that it started with and sometimes switched to. The book itself was a bit slow for my liking. It picked up closer to the end, like the last 100 pages. I wish there had been some more exciting bits, that the beginning had moved a little faster. But like I said, it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. ( )
  StilesIsMyBatman | May 2, 2019 |
Amazing narrator, really good story. ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
3.75. Review to come. ( )
  marjorie.mallon | Mar 27, 2019 |
I was looking for some young adult page turning fun with a warm heart, and this book is a good effort. The story of Nathan, just trying to survive while the Council brands him a dangerous Half Code (Half black witch, half white witch) and wants him locked in a cage has a huge amount of potential. He falls in love, he's horrifically attacked by bullies, he seeks the magical Gifts that will make him an adult, he tries to work out how he feels about his absent father (a murderous Black Witch) and his White Witch family who raised him. ( )
  atreic | Feb 4, 2019 |
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Hamlet, William Shakespeare
For my mother
There's these two kids, boys, sitting close together, squished in by the big arms of an old chair.

In modern-day England, where witches live alongside humans, Nathan, son of a White witch and the most powerful Black witch, must escape captivity before his seventeenth birthday and receive the gifts that will determine his future.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,761,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible