Happy, Happy, Happy: My Life and Legacy as…

Happy, Happy, Happy: My Life and Legacy as the Duck Commander

by Phil Robertson

Other authors: Mark Schlabach

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this. ( )
1 vote Rachel3stelle | May 12, 2018 |
Excellent ( )
  rayub | Dec 21, 2017 |
Happy, Happy, Happy: My Life and Legacy as the Duck Commander by Phil Robertson
230 pages

★★★

I have been a huge Duck Dynasty since the beginning of the show. I didn’t want to like a show about rednecks, but I just couldn’t help it, I loved the family – with Phil Robertson being one of my favorite with his calm, cool, patient attitude about all (at least from what we see on camera).

I enjoyed this book. Learned about his time before there was a Duck Commander and all he endured was interesting, it’s things you would never know from watching the show. He wasn’t always the calm, patient man he is now. In fact, for quite some time he spent a lot of time drinking, doing drugs, and partying – a side that has long passed and we obviously don’t see in the show. Life was not always easy for this man, nor was it easy for his family and they dealt with his issues. He makes some really good points and I thought he was as incredibly honest in his thoughts. I may not have agreed with some of his thoughts (in fact, some made me so uncomfortable compared to my own beliefs that I gave it a slightly lower rating) but I respect him for his beliefs nonetheless and just putting it out there. I think this book brings a lot more reality to the “reality” show that has made him and his family so popular.
1 vote UberButter | Feb 9, 2016 |
This was a very informative book if you wanted to know more about the Robertson family. It was not always rainbows and sunshine and I am really happy that they told the whole story and did not put things that would have made him look better. If it was not for me loving the tv family and such I would have never picked up the book nor enjoyed it. However I really enjoyed it. It made me Happy happy, happy ( )
1 vote AngelaFries | Mar 29, 2015 |
I really enjoyed the live of Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty. He wasn't always a believer of God and Christianity, but the book reveals glimpses into his life as a drug user, bar owner and the struggling marriage times of his younger years. Now his faith in God, his core beliefs for goodness and respect for others had led him to to a life of goodness that encompasses his life today. ( )
1 vote berthashaver | Feb 27, 2014 |

Phil Robertsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Schlabach, Marksecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"This no-holds-barred autobiography chronicles the remarkable life of Phil Robertson, the original Duck Commander and Duck Dynasty star, from early childhood through the founding of a family business"--

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,737,351 books! | Top bar: Always visible