Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff

Picture Me Gone (edition 2013)

by Meg Rosoff

Member:thebluestockings
Title:Picture Me Gone
Authors:Meg Rosoff
Info:Putnam Juvenile (2013), Edition: 0, Hardcover, 256 pages

Picture Me Gone by Meg Rosoff

English (22)  Italian (1)  All (23)
  Kaethe | Oct 16, 2016 |
I was thankful for a sick little boy as it gave me some time on this three day weekend to get some reading done. I cannot remember how this book came on my radar but I had ordered it in December and it's been sitting on my shelf begging me to read it. I loved this book for the mild mystery as well as the voice of Mila, the main character. She is a young girl from London who travels to upstate New York with her father to investigate the disappearance of her father's best friend. What she learns from this is that adults are confusing and that growing up is hard. I could see this book being used in a coming of age theme or as a page turning independent read. I plan on putting in my library collection and book talking it! It will be checked out, I can tell. It's a great mystery story that also makes you think about what happens when you do find out the truth. ( )
  amyruotsala | Jan 18, 2016 |
Printz Award-winning author Meg Rosoff's latest novel is a gorgeous and unforgettable page-turner about the relationship between parents and children, love and loss.

Mila has an exceptional talent for reading a room—sensing hidden facts and unspoken emotions from clues that others overlook. So when her father’s best friend, Matthew, goes missing from his upstate New York home, Mila and her beloved father travel from London to find him. She collects information about Matthew from his belongings, from his wife and baby, from the dog he left behind and from the ghosts of his past—slowly piecing together the story everyone else has missed. But just when she’s closest to solving the mystery, a shocking betrayal calls into question her trust in the one person she thought she could read best.
  lkmuir | Nov 30, 2015 |
This definitely made me eager to check out Rosoff's other work, particularly How I Live Now. It was a tense sort of mystery story with a well-drawn (if almost too precocious) narrator trying to make sense of the ineffable world of adulthood. ( )
  Tafadhali | Nov 18, 2015 |
Liked the voice of the narrator, but found the story dragged and didn't have enough oomph in the climax to satisfy me. The big betrayal mentioned on the back jacket blurb wasn't as shocking as I'd anticipated and overall the book just left me with nothing memorable except the fresh description provided by Mila. ( )
  JRlibrary | Sep 28, 2014 |
For Brenda
The first Mila was a dog.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:33 -0400)

Twelve-year-old Mila travels with her father to upstate New York to visit friends and family, who may lead them to clues to the whereabouts of her father's best friend, who has gone missing.

75 wanted5 pay2 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,316,800 books! | Top bar: Always visible