The Girl in 6E by A. R. Torre

The Girl in 6E

by A. R. Torre

English (46)  Italian (1)  All (47)
This book is phenomenal. It's smutty and creepy all in one. It's so good I cannot even put it into words without spoiling it. I already checked out the sequel with overdrive ( )
  AmandaLD | Apr 18, 2018 |
I am not sure where to start with this review... I have put off reading this for some unknown reason. I hadn't read anything of Alessandra's before. So I didn't know what to expect. When the opportunity came to read Do Not Disturb (the second book in this series), I jumped on it. I am surely kicking myself for not reading this sooner!

If you follow my reviews, I tend to like the dark reads so much more than anything else! These twisted and demented books are what gets my blood pumping and my mind distracted from everything else around me. I devour them.

The Girl in 6E is one of those dark, twisted and original books that you won't be able to put it down. I was so intrigued by the main character, Deanna. She is a unique and very resourceful character. You won't come across another like her.

Deanna has shut herself off from the rest of the world. She is not only protecting herself by doing so, but she believes that she is protecting the public also. She has to fight the urge daily to know kill someone. She believes she is sick in the head. She believes that she was born to murder everyone.

In order to support herself, Deanna has become a cam girl. An honest living, right? Well it is one that has allowed her to re-invent herself and never leave her apartment. Then, the unthinkable happens... She has no choice. In order to save someone, she must leave her sanctuary for the first time in years. She must also kill. She knows what needs to be done.

Jeremy... Deanna's UPS delivery guy. He is intrigued by this woman he has regularly delivered packages to for years. He has never seen her. He wants to see her. He wants to know who she is. Why does she hide? Then, that fateful day comes. He sees her. Meets her. Now he wants more.

This book is so different and twisted. It is dark in just the right way. Alessandra really won me over with this book. If you haven't read this book, trust me, you really should. It is one of those books that will leave you with a hangover for weeks! It is so brilliant and written full of skill. This is one of my top picks.... of all time! ( )
  AmberGoleb | Mar 13, 2018 |
You've never read something like this before.

A badass heroine. A dive into the dark, twisted, and psychological. 4/5 stars, I couldn't put this one down. ( )
  michelletmorris | Mar 13, 2018 |
This definitely surprised me by being more than I expected! All I knew going into it is the main character is a cam girl who keeps herself locked in an apartment because she has urges to kill people. I've heard it described as an erotic thriller, which I can see, but personally I think it's more thriller than erotica (and i'm not complaining!).

I loved getting to know Deanna. She's isn't evil, or at least not entirely. Sure she has evil urges but they didn't appear out of the blue. I won't spoil you but there is more to the story there. And she doesn't want to hurt innocent people and fearing that she will, locks herself up. Being a cam girl is a means to live, both for money because she still has to eat and live and all that of course, as well as a means to sort of escape her rather lonely life.

I even related to her in some ways. Not in the murderous tendencies kind of way but I do believe we all have some darkness in us. Maybe some more than others but we all have some, a dark thought here or there. It's what we do that tells us who we are.

I loved getting to know her story.

When a little girl's life depends on her getting out of her apartment, well let's just say I love Deanna ok! There is true evil out there...and I don't think Deanna is it. Messed up...sure, but she tries and has good in her. She obviously isn't perfect though. Who is?

The beginning sucked me in, the second half of the story captured my heart and tears. I also feel like saying too much would spoil it, so i'll just end it with I loved it, and if it intrigues you give it a shot.

Blog | Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | Goodreads ( )
  Wickedjr89 | Feb 18, 2018 |
Docela i napinavy pribeh - zena s touhou vrazdit, co se dobrovolne vezni, aby svym pudum nepodlehla. Drama o unesene holcicce a pedofilovi. Spousta informaci ze zivota holky na live chatu.
Tri silne namety. Bohuzel mi prislo, ze sila knihy mela byt v tech silnych nametech, ktere vsak samy o sobe nijak extra propracovane nebyly: storky o zivote na live chatu mi prisly jako touha sokovat svet tim, co vsechno si lidi nepreji na chatu zazit. Drama o hledani unesene holcicky bylo odbyte, jednoduche a hrdinka tady pusobila spis jako Lisbeth/Anita (no proste mala cacorka, co vykydli i tu nejhorsi stvuru:) ) A jeji vnitrni svet a minulost? Sice autorka davkovala, kdy se co z jeji minulosti prozradi, ale take to bylo takove po povrchu.
Ale na pokracovani jsem zvedava;) ( )
  mountbatten | Oct 26, 2017 |

My life, inside this apartment is simple. It works, as long as I follow the rules. 1. Don’t leave the apartment. Not in case of fire, not to mail a letter, not to run an errand. The door stays shut, and I stay inside. 2. Don’t get attached to clients. I take off my clothes, I stand in front of the camera, and I perform. What they want, I give. Their secrets, I keep. Everything I tell them, is a lie. 3. Don’t kill anyone. I’ve obeyed that rule for over three years. My life, inside this apartment was simple, and it worked. Then, I started breaking rules

"I haven't touched a human in three years. That seems like it would be a difficult task, but it's not. Not anymore, thanks to the Internet. I am, quite possibly, the most popular recluse ever: not many shut-ins have a 200-member fan club, a bank account in the seven-figure range, and hundreds of men lining up to pay for undivided attention. They get satisfaction; I get a distraction. Their secret desires are nothing compared to why I hide--my lust for blood, my love of death. Taking their money is easy. Keeping all these secrets, one is bound to escape"--… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

A. R. Torre's book The Girl in 6E was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Alessandra Torre is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,341,195 books! | Top bar: Always visible