Hide and Seek (Love Inspired Suspense) by…

Hide and Seek (Love Inspired Suspense)

by Lynette Eason

I tend to stay away from Christian-fiction for my own personal reasons that I will not go into here, but after reading the blurb for this one I must admit to being intrigued. So, I thought "what the heck, why not?" and must admit it was an emotional story with lots of family drama concerning a child's kidnapping, drug addiction, and a family that doesn't speak to each other anymore. There were parts I didn't like, but more that I did although I did figure out who the kidnapper was very early into the story. All in all, it was a very clean romantic suspense. I'm glad I gave it a try.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC. ( )
  amdrane2 | Aug 12, 2013 |
4 STARS

I admit to shedding a few tears while reading this story. It is a timely story that I read this week with 3 people who were kidnapped 10 years ago all over the news right now. I hope more missing kids are returned home safely and sooner.

Erica has looked for her missing child for 3 years. Molly was taken from a field trip to the zoo at age 3. Erica marriage fell apart and spent the time looking for lost children. A new lead has come in. Molly's clothes with a finger print were found at a crack house.

Erica went to the crack house looking for Lydia who was drug addict. She will do anything to get her daughter back. She hears her scream and rushes in and sees Lydia being attacked and intervenes. Right behind her is Max a P.I. and cops. Lydia gets away.

Max is Lydia brother and he wants to help Lydia. He does not believe she had anything to do with the kidnapping. Max knows she is in trouble.

Max and Erica agree to work together to find Lydia for different reasons. Max used to be a cop. While they are there together in the car the are involved in a hit and run accident. The car belongs to Erica's younger brother who is on drugs.

The story is full of drama, action and faith. It is a emotional book. Everyone it seems has family problems. Drugs are big part of the problem. Erica has faith that Peter was not trying to kill her. Max believes in his sister. Max has trouble with the homeless because one killed his fiancé during a robbery. Erica is helping the homeless first as a way to find her daughter but than really wanted to help.

I like reading Lynette Eason books. She tells clean, suspenseful stories.
I was given this ebook to read and asked in return to give honest review from Netgalley.
08/06/2013 PUB Harlequin Love Inspired Suspense 224 pages ISBN: 9780373445486 ( )
  rhonda1111 | Aug 10, 2013 |
Erica James works as a skip tracer in hopes that one day it will help her find her kidnapped daughter, Molly. Though it’s been three years, she refuses to give up. She gets a tip about a girl that might have been involved in the kidnapping. That’s where she meets Max Powell. He’s a former policeman turned private investigator. He’s looking for his sister, Lydia, who happens to be the girl they suspect of being involved. As Erica and Max work together to find the truth, they find themselves very attracted to each other. But how can anything come of it when they are opposite sides? Besides, the kidnapper is determined to remain unknown and will stop at nothing to keep it that way, including murder.

I thoroughly enjoyed Hide and Seek. It’s one of those stories with twists and turns and a few red herrings along the way. Erica and Max are very likeable characters. Erica had backbone but was a reasonable heroine, which I liked. Max was a great leading man. Strong yet tender hearted. I think the author portrayed their feelings and emotions in a realistic way. The author also clearly showed that though bad things happen to us, God is still right there and we can trust Him. It’s always easy to trust God when things are going well, but will you trust Him when the bad stuff happens? One thing I appreciated was the fact that you really aren’t sure just who it is until right toward the end.

*This complimentary copy was provided by Harlequin through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Mass Market Paperback: 224 pages
Publisher: Love Inspired (August 6, 2013)
ISBN-10: 0373445482
ISBN-13: 978-0373445486

For more information about this book or the author’s other books, I encourage you to visit her website at http://lynetteeason.com/books.html ( )
  love2readnovels | Jul 11, 2013 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373675690, Mass Market Paperback)

SHE WON'T GIVE UP

Erica James has spent the past three years as a skip tracer, hunting down others and hoping one day it will lead to her kidnapped daughter. Now she has a new suspect-Max Powell's missing sister. Max, a private investigator, has found evidence that connects the two missing girls, and together, he and Erica search for answers. The closer they get to finding answers, the stronger their feelings for each other become. But the kidnapper will stop at nothing-including murder-to keep them from finding Erica's daughter.

Family Reunions: Bringing loved ones back together

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:50 -0400)

Erica James has spent the past three years as a skip tracer, hunting down others and hoping one day it will lead to her kidnapped daughter. Now she has a new suspect, Max Powell's missing sister. Max, a private investigator, has found evidence that connects the two missing girls, and together, he and Erica search for answers. The closer they get to finding answers, the stronger their feelings for each other become. But the kidnapper will stop at nothing, including murder, to keep them from finding Erica's daughter.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,692,223 books! | Top bar: Always visible