Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich

Takedown Twenty

by Janet Evanovich

Series: Stephanie Plum (20)

English (50)  Piratical (1)  All languages (51)
I hope its the last one..... I really really hope shes done with them...no progress...same old same old left with pent up whatever and boring as hell.But with that being said I still managed to laugh at some points and to finish the book. Why not end the series on a an even number that's my wish. she should have finished it by making her choose a man and deal with life we all want to see Stephanie be happy and good at what she does and after 20 books I had hoped.... ( )
  nraichlin | Jan 26, 2016 |
One half for not stupidizing her characters..... Finally Stephanie seems relatively normal (as she can possibly be), and Lula isn't a wildly spun-out caricature as she once was....

SPOILER (of sorts)

Stephanie is in a very unpopular place, she is assigned to bring in Joe's elusive Uncle Sunny", whom everyone loves..... Causing Grandma Bella to put the eye on Stephanie not just once, but every time she sees Stephanie. While searching for Uncle Sunny, Lula & Stephanie come across a giraffe that Lula names Kevin.

It may have been my imagination but it seemed to me that Joe & Stephanie didn't spend a large amount of time together.... just a few quick get togethers.... Of course there was Ranger always saving her..... and Stephanie's inability to make up her mind.

After have a very Near Death Experience where she is dumped off the side of a bridge... Stephanie seriously questions her job as a bounty hunter.... Which leads to her helping Ranger search for the murder of elderly BINGO playing women.......

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​

I found this to be a very fast (4 hour) read. It had all the usual characters, it was amusing, the story was interesting (I didn't figure out who the murder was), and it held my interest. It isn't good enough to buy a copy of..... ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
Another fun Stephanie Plum novel. I couldn't help laughing out loud several times, even though I thought I'd heard it all before. (I enjoyed this more than the last couple Stephanie Plum novels.) ( )
  Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
Pretty much the usual Stephanie Plum novel. I was disappointed that the most spectacular loss of a car of Stephanie's was pretty much glossed over (not described). Good to see that Uncle Sandor's Buick is still as indestructible as ever. ( )
  JenniferRobb | Jan 17, 2016 |
I enjoyed it. ( )
  cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |

Evanovich, Janetprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was late at night and Lula and I had been staking out Salvatore Sunucchi, better known as Uncle Sunny, when Lula spotted Jimmy Spit.

Stephanie Plum is back in all-new adventure from #1 bestselling author Janet Evanovich.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:02 -0400)

New Jersey bounty hunter Stephanie Plum knows better than to mess with family. But when powerful mobster Salvatore "Uncle Sunny" Sunucchi goes on the lam in Trenton, it's up to Stephanie to find him. Uncle Sunny is charged with murder for running over a guy (twice), and nobody wants to turn him in--not his poker buddies, not his bimbo girlfriend, not his two right-hand men, Shorty and Moe. Even Trenton's hottest cop, Joe Morelli, has skin in the game, because "just Stephanie's luck" the godfather is his actual godfather. And while Morelli understands that the law is the law, his old-world grandmother, Bella, is doing everything she can to throw Stephanie off the trail.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,164,514 books! | Top bar: Always visible