My World and Welcome to It by James Thurber

My World and Welcome to It (original 1937; edition 1942)

by James Thurber

The world of Thurber is splendidly sampled in these thirty stories, sketches, and articles that range from the wildest comedy to the serious business of murder. Animal courtship, maids, Macbeth, baseball, sailing, marriage-all fall within Thurber’s scope. Drawings by the Author.
Member:EricCostello
Title:My World and Welcome to It
Authors:James Thurber
Info:New York: Harcourt, Brace & Company, 1942
Collections:Revised Library
Tags:humour

My World—and Welcome to It by James Thurber (1937)

Back to the Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Read by John Cullum (Holling Vincoeur on Northern Exposure)
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
Read a very long time ago. Enjoyed it immensely and so it became a permament resident of my library. Time to RE-read!
  Bookish59 | Sep 17, 2010 |
More great Thurber articles. The second part of it was travel stories, which were less funny, and rather poignant, when you consider that the travelling was between the First and Second World War. His observations of Europe during that time are all the more interesting, since we know what happened next. ( )
  tloeffler | Feb 12, 2009 |
I need to read more Thurber--he's hilarious! His writing is definitely not P.C., but I supposed that's a major part of the charm. This book is a collection of some of his best New Yorker writing. ( )
  aliciamalia | Oct 8, 2007 |
I love Thurber and his cartoons.
  Smiley | Jan 4, 2006 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,893,768 books! | Top bar: Always visible