Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Art of Mingling: Easy, Proven Techniques for Mastering Any Room (edition 1993)
The Art of Mingling: Proven Techniques for Mastering Any Room by Jeanne Martinet
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0312083165, Paperback)
- Opening lines that really work
- Tips and tricks for the tongue-tied
- The etiquette of escape
- Mastering the fine points of eye contact, small talk, introductions, and more
- Feel terrific at any party -- business or social
Does the idea of talking to a lot of people you don't know make you weak in the knees? You may be suffering from mingle-phobia -- a secret fear of parties. The Art of Mingling will show you how to overcome your fears, meet new people with charm and confidence, and acheive social success at every kind of party -- business or pleasure. Filled with dozens of simple techniques, tricks, lines and maneuvers, The Art of Mingling will help you:
- Develop the right mindset for entering a room full of strangers
- Choose your first mingling target
- Deliver opening lines that really work
- Keep the conversation alive and interesting
- Master the etiquette of escape
- Circulate with grace and style
- Use advanced mingling techniques such as body language, accents, props, toasts, and name tags for maximum effect
- Recover from faux pas -- everything from spills and memory lapses to wrong attire
- Negotiate tough rooms (too crowded, too empty, too "too")
- Feel completely at ease at any kind of party
(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:26:58 -0400)
Explains how to overcome social fears to have a great time at any type of business or social gathering, presenting dozens of tips, techniques, tricks, lines, and maneuvers that cover basic survival strategies, the etiquette of escape, faux pas recovery, how to negotiate a tough room, and how to keep the conversation going in the right direction.
(summary from another edition)
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.