Saint Odd: An Odd Thomas Novel by Dean…

Saint Odd: An Odd Thomas Novel (edition 2015)

by Dean Koontz (Author)

Member:Terrell_Sanzone
Title:Saint Odd: An Odd Thomas Novel
Authors:Dean Koontz (Author)
Info:Bantam (2015), Edition: First Edition, 352 pages
Collections:Imported
Tags:to-read

Saint Odd by Dean Koontz

Spoiler Alert! There is a massive reveal in this review.

The front of the book is captioned "the stunning conclusion of the series," and I'm truly stunned by the conclusion. At long last, after embracing the character of Odd Thomas, the eponymous novel, and the author as one of my all-time Top 5 books, and then trudging patiently at first, and then grudgingly by the last three or four, I am disheartened, appalled, and saddened by the fact that a mere 3, nay ALMOST 3, pages were dedicated to the long-awaited reunion of Oddie with his Stormy.

If, dear reader, you are one to read the end before the rest of the book, then here it is, and I say, toss the rest of it --it's not worth it.

Is it well-written? Yes. (one star) Is it suspenseful and humorous, and a reflection of modern day society.(another star) Yes. Is it the most disappointing end to a series, ever? Resoundingly, yes!(deleting a star) ( )
  GinaFava | Apr 11, 2018 |
Spoiler Alert! There is a massive reveal in this review.

GinaFava | Apr 11, 2018 |
Best Dean Koontz I've read in quite a while and best Odd Thomas of the 7 books. If you haven't read any other Odd Thomas books you wouldn't know everything that has already happened but you could read this book a still enjoy. So if you are not really wanting to read a 7 book series you could just read this one or the first one and enjoy. ( )
  KenMcLain | Jul 18, 2017 |
Good-Bye Odd Thomas - it was great reading about your bizarre life The story, as anticipated, is a reflection of good and evil, and Odd's struggle not only to save his beloved town and friends, but to reason out his own conscience. The story is told in the strong voice of Odd, a truly endearing character. Sprinkled throughout we hear his look back, as Odd Thomas reflects about his friends and encounters from his travels in the series. He finally gets his happy ending with Stormy, no spoiler there, we knew he would. I enjoyed this story and liked the Odd Thomas series. This is one unique and strong character that touches our lives if we are lucky enough to read it. ( )
  ElisabethZguta | Jan 23, 2017 |
End of Series unfortunately
  marmiller | Jan 13, 2017 |

Dean Koontzprimary authorall editionscalculated
Baker, David AaronNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Bergner, WulfTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The only wisdom we can hope to acquire
Is the wisdom of humility...
- T.S. Eliot, East Coker
This book id dedicated to Frank Redman, who has more than once reminded me of Odd Thomas.
Alone in the vastness of the Mojave, at two o'clock in the morning, racing along at seventy miles per hour, I felt safe and believed that whatever terror might await me was yet many miles ahead.

"Two years after the cataclysmic events that sent him journeying into mystery, Odd Thomas, the intrepid fry cook who sees the dead and tries to help them, has traveled full circle, back to his beloved home town of Pico Mundo and the people he loves. He has come to save them--and perhaps humanity--from the full flowering of evil it is his destiny to confront, as he draws ever closer to the truth of the world and his place in it. Stronger, wiser than he started, and with the help of the friends he has made along the way, Odd prepares to confront the terrible forces arrayed against him and possibly to journey still farther, to his long-awaited reunion with his lost love, Stormy Llewellyn"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,422,375 books! | Top bar: Always visible