The Night Before Christmas by Clement C.…

The Night Before Christmas (edition 2009)

by Clement C. Moore, Joseph Adolphe (Illustrator)

Member:BiblioBabe
Title:The Night Before Christmas
Authors:Clement C. Moore
Other authors:Joseph Adolphe (Illustrator)
Info:Hallmark Books
Tags:Night Before Christmas Collection

The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore

Recently added byprivate library, dzoske, ritubohara, LindsayMc, SixSeasons, Boggs_School

A very nice little booklet with the classic poem and Rackham's illustrations, which are as always capable though sometimes a bit irrelevant. I like the faces in his pine trees, though. ( )
  antiquary | Apr 9, 2014 |
Summary:
This story is one the most classic and recognizable Christmas poems ever written. It's a story narrated by a father on the night before Christmas. He explains that the children are nestled in bed and that he and "Mama" are getting settled in their bed. He hears something so he jumps from his bed and looks out the window where he sees a sleigh, eight reindeer and St. Nick. He explains how St. Nick appears with dimples and rosy cheeks. He then says that he eases his worry with a wink of his eye and twist of his head before he heads back up the chimney and leaves. As he drives out of sight he hears him exclaim "Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good-night."
Personal Reaction:
I love this poem. It's a family favorite in my home as I'm sure it is in most. I can't wait to read this to my children very soon as the Christmas season is fast approaching. It's such a beautifully written poem, so easy to read and it reminds me of being a child and my own beliefs in Santa Claus.
Classroom extensions:
1. It goes without being said that this book would be a great book to read during the Christmas season. Little children who still believe in Santa will especially enjoy this story. I would have my students construct their own St. Nick using construction paper and cotton balls for the beard. I would remind them to give him rosy cheeks and make him plump as the book described him.
2. I would discuss the Christmas season and how different cultures celebrate it. I would have my older students explain the way in which their family celebrates that time of year and what they believe is the reason for the season.
  LaurenNDavis | Oct 26, 2012 |
Signied by Mom 1972
  JPButler | Mar 25, 2010 |
Lovely Victorian (or possibly Edwardian) illustrations. From the year I was born!!
  MerryMary | Mar 27, 2009 |
My dad used to read it to me every Christmas Eve when I was a wee thing. It is one of my fondest holiday memories. ( )
  readit2 | Apr 25, 2008 |

Clement C. Mooreprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Santore, CharlesIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
'Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

Presents an illustrated version of the well-known poem about an important Christmas visitor.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,656,168 books! | Top bar: Always visible