The President Has Been Shot!: The…

The President Has Been Shot!: The Assassination of John F. Kennedy

by James L. Swanson

Lee Harvey Oswald a father of 2 children has heard that John.F.Kennedy is coming to Dallas. Lee is going to stash his rife in his wife's friend's garage. His wife later on then sees the rifle in the garage and she tells him to leave immediately. Then on November 22 1963 Oswald took his place on the 6th story of a Texas school book depository. Then at 1230pm he shoots 4 shots and wounds jfk. Jfk is escorted to the hospital but then dies at 1:00 pm.

I like this book because it gives very detailed facts on how jfk died and why. Lee is the main person and suffers from depression and i know that is very hard so it might've been tough but he didn't have to shoot the president. Jfk didn't deserve to die he was a very good man and did great things for this country. Lee is a very bad person for shooting the president but then later on he gets shot but that's what he gets for shooting the president. Lee must've not had a good connection with his wife for her to be kicking him out. Im glad that lee didn't shoot his wife because he would've put the children in danger to. Lee was arrested but then assassinated by Jack Ruby then jack got sent to jail for assassinating the assassinator of jfk. ( )
  ia.G3 | Mar 28, 2019 |
This book was about JFK, his life, and how he was assassinated. JFK was the 35th president. He Was loved by many citizens of multiple countries alike, and his assassination was a big impact on multiple nations. John Fitzgerald Kennedy was the son of Robert F. Kennedy and had eight siblings. JFK gave many peace speeches and things in other countries during his short presidential term. He was murdered in Texas when ex-marine Lee Harvey Oswald Shot him and two other politicians. Kennedy was declared dead at Parkland Hospital,Texas half an hour after the shooting.
This book was a great book, and got into detail about JFK's early and later life, and what he did. The book discussed his murder, and how the cops chased down the killer. JFK was the 35th president. He was the youngest and one of the most popular presidents in U.S. history. JFK's family was rich before he was born, and he had many life luxuries other people in his time wouldn't of had. Oswald, the killer, was an ex-marine, and many people couldn't tell if he acted on his own for killing the president, or if he was hired to do his job. Later Oswald was killed by Jack Ruby while in police custody. Ruby then went to prison and died there. ( )
  TristanC.G1 | Mar 28, 2019 |
The book The president has been shot talks about the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy (JFK) . If you didn't know John F. Kennedy is the 35th president of North America.
The book starts off with Lee Harvey lee Oswald working in the marines. Harvey wanted to be known for doing something really big so he tried to assassinate a major general Edwin Walker. He failed to kill him so he retired so that he wouldn't get caught or at lest be a suspect. Harvey had a bad childhood when he was growing up he had an rough household and a lot of brothers and sisters.

So that is when he decided to join the marine when he turned 18. After he retired he married a Russian woman named Marina . He lived in Texas With his wife and his daughter. So on 1963 October 23 Lee Harvey Oswald has a second child. While Watching television news Harvey noticed that JFK was going to be in Texas.He thought that if he assassinated JFK that could make up for not getting Edwin Walker. Almost a month after he had his daughter he had a rifle he was on the third floor when he assassinated JFK on his first shot he missed,on his second he shot the trunk of the car, on the third shot he shot JFK on the arm, and on the fourth shot he shot JFK in the head instantly killing him.

He was going to shoot Jacqueline Kennedy but he had to go before he got caught. So He went home to change his clothes and went to go see a movie. When the movie was over officers and the swat team were surrounding the building.When he went outside he was arrested instantly. He was in the police basement getting investigated for two days and they announced they were taking Harvey to prison in an armored truck . He was going to serve 10 year sentence then he was going to be executed but, before he got in the truck a man in a black clothing shot him and he died. The murderer was Jack Ruby he thought he was a hero for shooting Harvey since Harvey shot Kennedy. Jack Ruby was charge with first degree murder. Jack Ruby later ended up dying in 1967 from lung cancer while serving his 10 year sentence.
  AsaJ.G3 | Oct 22, 2018 |
Never knew s many (botched) details! My 10 yr. old was fascinated. Especially with wound descriptions. ( )
  ksmedberg | Aug 15, 2018 |
While the events in this book have been reviewed and retold countless times Swanson does a fantastic job of refreshing it. I did not live through these events so I have no personal memories attached to Kennedy or the tragedy. This provided a better unbiased and untampered view of the story. I personally enjoyed the suspense and intensity woven into each second as it unfolded. While I knew how the story ended I was eager to experience every fact and perspective. Much like a great Shakespearean or Greek tragedy, I was lured and hooked by the dramatic irony.
If there needs to be any criticism (since I must defend 4 instead of 5 stars), I did feel there were pieces of the story that were left incomplete. I want to know more about Jack Ruby's motives. While the epilogue denounces the conspiracy theories, I was still unsettled by the "ending" of the book. After the last page I spent several hours reading online. What happened to Jack Ruby? Why hasn't the government released more information? How did Jackie cope? There was so much more to explore. There is quite possibly endless information out there. Perhaps the unsettled conclusion is deliberate. Perhaps James Swanson purposefully stopped at a point where his readers would want more. If so, I say Bravo Mr. Swanson. You got me. ( )
  vwarren_UNO | Jan 27, 2018 |

A breathtaking and dramatic account of the JFK assassination by the NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author of CHASING LINCOLN'S KILLER!

In his new young-adult book on the Kennedy assassination, James Swanson will transport readers back to one of the most shocking, sad, and terrifying events in American history. As he did in his bestselling Scholastic YA book, CHASING LINCOLN'S KILLER, Swanson will deploy his signature "you are there" style -- a riveting, ticking-clock pace, with an unprecedented eye for dramatic details and impeccable historical accuracy -- to tell the story of the JFK assassination as it has never been told before.

The book will be illustrated with archival photos, and will have diagrams, source notes, bibliography, places to visit, and index

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:51 -0400)

Recounts the 35th president's assassination and details key events while sharing informative back matter and archival photographs.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,576,471 books! | Top bar: Always visible