Private L.A. by James Patterson

lots of story lines ( )
  sandra.pinkerton83 | Apr 16, 2019 |
As usual, James Patterson books are quick to read as they hold your attention and the chapters are short, so you can read one more. Two cases are occurring at the same time in this story, one a kidnapping and the other mass murders. The ending was a surprise and rather unsettling. ( )
  Carlathelibrarian | Feb 5, 2019 |
I love the character of Jack Morgan and that is the only reason I rated this book two stars. There were two unrelated story lines and I found that to be extremely distracting. The switching back and forth really had me struggling to keep interested in either plot. The movie star story line was so predictable that at one point I was questioning if I had not already read this story but I knew I had not.

I did like the character of Justine but her realization of her true feelings for Jack were also quite predictable. ( )
  bostonterrio | Nov 21, 2017 |
I continue to love James Patterson books. This isn't the best I've read however great story line and ending. I found myself gasping and turning the pages excitedly and quickly towards the end. ( )
  Nataliec7 | Oct 31, 2016 |
I like this series, it is a nice breath of fresh air from Mr. Patterson. Of course since I don't live in the world of crazy, I don't know if this kind of situation could really happen, but that is the entertainment of the story. Jack is the head of Private, a privately owned investigation company that are at the very high end of the spectrum. They are working two cases at the same time so it is a fast-paced time for them. In typical form for a Patterson book, you don't know until close to the end why everything is happening and like usual, it isn't what you might have guessed. I like books like this. Lots of action, situations I would never be in and a little bit of crazy. I always enjoy the short chapters and probably would have read it in a day if I had read it on a weekend. Start the series from the beginning, you will like Jack and his crew. They are tough individuals but very likable. I'm always up for a good Patterson book and this one did not disappoint. Can't wait to know what happens next with Private as not everything was resolved at the end of this book. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sullivan, Markmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Private Jack Morgan investigates the disappearance of the biggest superstar couple in Hollywood.

When they disappear without a word from their ranch, facts are hard to find. They live behind such a high wall of security and image control that even world-renowned Private Investigator Jack Morgan can't get to the truth. But as Jack keeps probing, secrets sprout thick and fast--and the world's golden couple may emerge as hiding behind a world of desperation and deception that the wildest reality show couldn't begin to unveil. Murder is only the opening scene.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:04 -0400)

"Thom and Jennifer Harlow are the perfect couple, with three perfect children. They maybe two of the biggest mega movie stars in the world, but they're also great parents, philanthropists and just all-around good people. When they disappear without a word from their ranch, facts are hard to find. They live behind such a high wall of security and image control that even world-renowned Private Investigator Jack Morgan can't get to the truth. But as Jack keeps probing, secrets sprout thick and fast--and the world's golden couple may emerge as hiding behind a world of desperation and deception that the wildest reality show couldn't begin to unveil. Murder is only the opening scene"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,755,734 books! | Top bar: Always visible