Born to Fight (The Born Trilogy) (Volume 2)…

Born to Fight (The Born Trilogy) (Volume 2) (edition 2013)

by Tara Brown

Member:ShelbyG.B1
Title:Born to Fight (The Born Trilogy) (Volume 2)
Authors:Tara Brown
Info:Tara Brown Publishing (2013), Edition: First, Paperback, 252 pages
Rating:****1/2

Born to Fight by Tara Brown

I loved this story! It is even better, as we see more interaction with Em and the others, and how she flies off the handle. We also learn more about her family than before. Great read! ( )
  LoriHopkins | May 16, 2014 |
Born to fight is the seccond book to the Born trilogy. In the beggining of this book Emma who also goes by Em is lying down on a lab tabble being experimented on because she was one of the first gen babies. When Em finds her friends she ends up meeting a guy who knows things abut her father. After Emma found Anna they are both searching for Leo. When they get back to the treat something isnt normal. The gang sets up a mission to try to end the farms. Em finds out that she has a Sister named star who also becomes one of her us or family. Em is taken on by some life threating decisions to save her family.

This is a great book it totally went along with the seccond book. While I was reading this I found some grammar errors but you could understand what it was saying. I gave this book a 4 1/2 because it was a great book to read and I would love to read it again. Also I like how it has alot of action but also follows with a love-triangle. If you liked the Hunger Games, or Divergent then you will love this trilogy. ( )
  ShelbyG.B1 | Jan 9, 2014 |
Second in trilogy; ***spoiler warning*** for the first book, Born.

Emma - called Em by her friends - wakes up in what appears to be a lab, trapped on a table where she's been undergoing some kind of experimentation by doctors after being betrayed. She and her friends, Anna, Jake, and Will (all siblings) and her wolf Leo are living in the woods, keeping away from the infected and the military who would send the girls to breeding camps. Em begins to learn more of what is really going on in the cities and who caused the infections to start, but the biggest surprise hits much closer to home.

This volume still has some typos and related issues, but overall I found it slightly better written than the first - there weren't quite as many times that I had to go back a page and say "wait, how did we get here?" This time around, it was usually because I was reading too fast instead of the author not putting in a transition from one action scene to the next. If you're sick of the teen dystopia-with-a-love-triangle, this isn't the book to read, but it's a good option for teens who have read The Hunger Games, Divergent, et al and want more of the same. Personally, I found it to be fast-paced brain candy and enjoyed going along for the ride. ( )
1 vote bell7 | Dec 18, 2013 |

Twenty years ago scientists made some remarkable discoveries with genetics and the ability to perfect the babies we gave birth to. Ten years ago the governments of the world made a hard choice, earth or people. Nine weeks ago the choices they made came full circle. Fourteen days ago the truth of their mutations leaked out into the borderlands and other areas. Yesterday the worst thing they ever made learned about what she was. Today she's coming for them and she knows about the strengths they gave her. Tomorrow she plans on destroying everything. She plans on starting with her own creator. Her own father.… (more)

Tara Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,221,627 books! | Top bar: Always visible