Moonrise by Anne Stuart

Moonrise

by Anne Stuart

I previously read Ritual Sin and like Anne Stuarts writing style. What i didnt like about that book and this book is the manipulative and forced sex. Not for me. ( )
  thekaps4 | Nov 20, 2015 |
Okay, so after that mess that was RITUAL SIN, I thought I'd give this one a whirl. This is not what I usually read, but it was recommended because the male is an antihero and I like those.

This one made sense, why the heroine went with him, why she stayed with him. Now, she's fucked up, don't mistake me, but she's fucked up in a way that's compatible with his fucked-uppedness. She was also not TSTL. I mean, yeah, she could've buried herself in a conventional life and ignored what was obvious to her, but once she COULDN'T ignore it anymore, then she was trapped, and she faced it with courage, which grows over the course of the book. ( )
  MoriahJovan | Sep 23, 2013 |
Another plus for one of my favorites. Stuart is a master at putting her leading ladies through emotional wringers, and this book poses no exception. Annie Sutherland is less-impressive than some of her other heroines, but she's likable and no push-over... a necessary trait, considering CIA assassin James McKinley is quite ruthless and dispassionate. Overall, a well developed plot worth reading. ( )
  TheBooknerd | Aug 12, 2008 |
When Annie suspects that her father's death wasn't an accident, she turns to her father's protege James for answers. James reluctantly reveals that he and her father actually worked for the CIA, and even more reluctantly that what they did was kill people. But somebody doesn't want Annie to find out what happened to her father, and James is the only one who can protect her, but he also has to fight his growing feelings for Annie.
I did not like this very much. It was more about James than Annie (who was pretty pathetic), and he spent most of the book drunk, not displaying his emotions while ruthlessly killing people and trying to decide if he was going to kill Annie or not. And raping her, let's not forget that.
  alasen_reads | Jul 9, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451404769, Mass Market Paperback)

Seeking to uncover the truth about the death of her father, an employee of the CIA, Annie Sutherland appeals to his mysterious successor, James McKinley, who pulls her into a shadowy underworld of intrigue, terror, and passion.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:41 -0400)

Annie Sutherland is a woman determined to uncover the truth about her father's death. She had thought he was a low-level bureaucrat but after his murder begins to suspect his true profession was more complex. She goes seeking answers from her father's prot? ?and successor at the CIA, James McKinley. What she gets from him instead is a one-way trip to a shadowy underworld filled with intrigue, terror-and passion. Now she's in over her head.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,815,087 books! | Top bar: Always visible