Winter Damage by Natasha Carthew

Winter Damage (edition 2013)

by Natasha Carthew

Member:konallis
Title:Winter Damage
Authors:Natasha Carthew
Info:London : Bloomsbury, 2013.
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:children's/young adult, post-apocalyptic, Branford Boase, read 2018

Winter Damage by Natasha Carthew

I'm always a sucker for post-apocalyptic novels; although this one only just fits into that category as we are given no details of the events or their cause. This is a young adult novel but I really enjoyed it. It is all a bit unlikely; a girl setting off to walk across Dartmoor in deep winter to find her mother, but the writing and the characters gradually drew me in. Well worth the reading time involved and I will look forward to more by this author. ( )
  johnwbeha | Jan 1, 2016 |

Just before Christmas, Ennor Carne sets out on a quest to find her missing mother. The home she leaves is a broken-down trailer, with her sick dad and her little brother, and a few skinny cows all that's left of what was once a family farm. She takes warm clothes, what food she can find, a map and a gun - but nothing, nothing can prepare her for what lies ahead...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,815,033 books! | Top bar: Always visible