The Kill Switch by James Rollins

mom (297)

This is the first of a series involving Tucker Wayne and Kane whom we met in Rollins' book, Bloodline. It is part of the Sigma universe, but only as a spin-off. Sigma plays a critical role in this book, but we encounter few of the normal Sigma characters.

Instead, our two heroes are Tucker Wayne and his Belgian Malinois who have to extract a Russian botnist who has made a discovery that could, as in many of Rollins' novels, save or destroy the world. Also like Rollins' novels, they travel all around the globe, from the tip-top in Russia to southern Africa. However, there is much less jumping around between multiple plot lines and multiple continents.

Other standard Rollins' devices includes caves, people refusing to die, and dogs on their haunches. ( )
  neverstopreading | Dec 11, 2017 |
This was much better than the second book in the Tucker Wayne series, "War Hawk," which I reviewed earlier. More action, and not as predictable.|

My only complaint in both his series thus far, is that I wish he would involve Kane, the dog, more in his stories. He seems to involve him more in "War Hawk" then here, but "The Kill Switch" had more action and more twists in the story. ( )
  atdCross | Mar 29, 2017 |
Kill Switch is filled with action-packed adventure. Many twists and turns keep Tucker and Kane busy in this thriller, while they search for an organism that can 'kill' a deadly contaminant from the beginning of life, accompanied by an unlikely team. ( )
  Deankut | Sep 26, 2016 |
Mr. Rollins never fails to entertain, and I loved this rollicking adventure. I am a huge dog lover (I have a professional Therapy Dog), am very familiar with their behavior, training, and personalities, and Kane was portrayed and rendered very realistically. I loved that Mr. Rollins and Mr. Blackwood stepped outside of the genre norms with two formidable female villains instead of the standard evil male villain (although we got one of those too!). Although vastly different in their methods, skills, and style, both women were equally deadly. LOVED the line about "getting some new shoes" (won't give that one away). The setting and scenes were realistic, the action and plot fast-paced and well-constructed, and the story progression seamless and perfectly executed. Another suspenseful, blistering page turner from the master of action and adventure. I love Tucker and Kane and their harmonious teamwork, and eagerly look forward to their next adventure. Kudos and bravo Mr. Rollins and Mr. Blackwood!

Kerry Alan Denney, multiple award-winning author of SOULSNATCHER (Lazy Day Publishing, May 2014) and JAGANNATH (coming February 2015 from Permuted Press) ( )
  KerryAlanDenney | May 18, 2016 |
Ben Stiller
  jmail | Mar 21, 2016 |

Rollins, Jamesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Blackwood, Grantmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Blackwood, GrantAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
To all the four-legged warriors out there. . . And those who serve alongside them.
Doctor Paulos de Klerk packed the last of the medical supplies into the wooden trunk and locked the three brass clasps, mumbling under his breath with each snap.

Recruited by Sigma Force to extract a Russian pharmaceutical magnate, who holds the biological key to a new weapons system, from Siberia, former Army Ranger Tucker Wayne and his military working dog Kane must solve an ancient mystery before the modern world suffers a fate worse than death.… (more)

James Rollins is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,790,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible