In Harm's Way by Viveca Sten

English (2)  Swedish (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (4)
Knew who dunnit

Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book for review.

What I like most about Sten's books is they are not as dark and dreary as most of the male Nordic writers' police procedurals. Her characters are good and bad, likable and unlikable. This book is ultimately about hate and power, and what people will do to preserve and further both. Although I realized who the murderer was when an event in the victim's past was commented on, it did not spoil the book for me. ( )
  seitherin | Oct 23, 2018 |
A 400 page book with 107 chapters! The choppy organization disrupted the flow of the novel, making it difficult to follow. A journalist is found dead Christmas eve. Suspicion falls to her "ex" who retains custody of their child, but other suspects and motives exist. The police immediately notice the lack of a computer in the journalist's hotel room, leading them to suspect murder even before the autopsy reveals it. While I like the setting, I did not get a strong feel for it. The police did not seem very developed. I'm sure it's because it is a later book in the series, and I read no earlier installments. I received an advance electronic copy through NetGalley with the expectation of an honest review. ( )
  thornton37814 | Oct 13, 2018 |
Zur Erinnerung an Sascha Birkhahn (1911-2012)
Wenn sie erst auf Sandhamn wäre, würde alles gut werden.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,577,567 books! | Top bar: Always visible