The Rosary: The Prayer That Saved My Life by…

The Rosary: The Prayer That Saved My Life (edition 2014)

by Immaculee Ilibagiza (Author), Steve Erwin (Contributor)

Immaculée Ilibagiza believes that praying the rosary spared her from being slaughtered during the horrific 1994 Rwandan genocide, in which her family and more than a million other innocent men, women, and children were brutally murdered. Nearly two decades later, Immaculée continues to pray the rosary every day and marvels at how she is constantly renewed and richly rewarded by this glorious prayer. It has helped her in every possible way, from strengthening her faith to changing heartache into happiness and landing her a dream job... and that's just for starters. She has witnessed-and been the recipient of-the rosary's ability to create miracles so often that she vowed to share its blessings with as many people as she could. In these pages, Immaculée reveals how the rosary's abundant benefits can be reaped by each and every one of us, regardless of our religious affiliations. In this moving and uplifting book, the New York Times best-selling author recounts her personal experience of discovering the power and the beauty of the ancient beads-and shows all of us how to enrich our own lives by exploring and embracing the mysteries, secrets, and promises of the prayer that indeed saved her life.… (more)
Member:SacredHeartWDM
Title:The Rosary: The Prayer That Saved My Life
Authors:Immaculee Ilibagiza (Author)
Other authors:Steve Erwin (Contributor)
Info:Hay House Inc. (2014), Edition: Illustrated, 264 pages
Tags:Shelf K-3, Prayer/Devotions

The Rosary: The Prayer That Saved My Life by Immaculee Ilibagiza

The Rosary: the Prayer that Saved my Life goes beyond providing a very nice history and devotional exploration of the Rosary. The author presents a strong case for daily praying of the Rosary by all Christians, not just Catholics. Immaculee Ilibagiza is convincing when she argues that Marian visitations and prophesies warned of the dreadful massacre in Rwanda, which could have been avoided if all people turned to prayer, and specifically the Rosary, on a regular basis.

The impression I got of the text of the Rosary was that it might have been written by an unsophisticated young person with the simple untried faith of a child. It seems remarkable that a young woman who lived through the massacre of the Tutsis in Rwanda could be as gentle, forgiving, and simple as the author sounds. Immaculee admits that it has been through faithful praying of the rosary, that she has come to her current level of forgiveness of the atrocities committed against her family and friends.

The author has written another book covering the horrendous rapes, mutilations, and murders of the Tutsis, as she lived it. In The Rosary, she touches on the horror of those days only as it impacts her plea for people to turn to Mary with her comforting prayer, the Rosary. The author's simple heart-felt text is a very convincing testament. I encourage everyone who cares about social justice, or the power of prayer to read this lovely book. ( )
1 vote bunniehopp | Jun 24, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,504,981 books! | Top bar: Always visible