The Lost Slayer by Christopher Golden
Truth and ConsequencesBuffy Summers's adjustment to life at U.C. Sunnydale has not gone smoothly. She feels awkward, insecure, and jealous that Willow's all over the college life. So when she is visited by a prophecy of impending danger, the timing couldn't be worse. There's plenty of evil afoot as it is: a unified troop of vampires has descended upon Sunnydale, and tension between Buffy and Willow gets in the way of demon hunting.Before long, a single moment of bad judgment catapults Buffy into an alternate future dimension where vampires reign supreme. Imprisoned in the body of her 24-year-old-self -- and confronting friends and foes the likes of which she'd never imagined -- the Slayer must uncover her past misstep and correct it, or risk facing a terrifying monster that she herself has created....… (more)

I will start out by saying I'm a huge buffy fan. the tv show was one of the best shows ever on. The books that I have read have left me feeling flat. The Lost slayer is the exception to this. I enjoyed the book from begining to end. Is the writing the best I've read? No, but far from the worst. If you are a Buffy fan read this book, if you are new to the Buffyverse this may not be the place to start. Four stars. ( )
1 vote ecurb | Sep 1, 2010 |
Kearsten says: While I complete dig the storyline (Buffy makes one tiny decision and throws the whole world out of whack, including a beloved Buffy character going Darth Vader on the gang), the writing was sub par, sadly.

Still, a must-read for Buffy fans! ( )
1 vote 59Square | Nov 7, 2008 |
Interesting story, but the writing is awful! ( )
  kayceel | Nov 7, 2008 |
Originally published as four individual books: Prophecies, Dark Times, King of the Dead, Original Sins

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,115,238 books! | Top bar: Always visible