You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your…

You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an…

by Jen Sincero

In this snarky & irrelevant twist on classic self-help principles, NYTBS author & success coach Sincero challenges you to make serious changes in your life by being your best self now.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Mar 12, 2019 |
Jen truly rocked this masterpiece and laid out the concepts of bad-assery, in all it’s fine points and nuances. This hilarious story-teller shared her personal transformation and invited us all to do likewise; that is, to wake of from our own Big-Snooze and start living more vividly, without fear of what others may think.
I appreciate the candor, insights and encouragement as Jen shared her self-help roller-coaster-rides. This was so valuable to me, because I too have worked relentlessly to elevate the quality of my life by improving the way I think – Free My Mind, My Ass Will Follow...SMILE!!! ( )
  Madamxtra | Dec 30, 2018 |
The tone of this book was not for me. It was screaming self-help and I don't have anything against that genre, but the things I usually read that relate to self-help have more of a scientific or research-based approach. This author just makes claims with no evidence other than what she tells us is her experience and the experience of those she coaches. A lot of what she says has been said before. It's not that the ideas are all bad, so much as there's very little depth or instruction on how to implement them. So the good things about the book are that it's entertaining and short. The description is pretty honest, I just didn't read or comprehend it before agreeing to read this with a workplace book club. ( )
  3njennn | Nov 25, 2018 |
This was a book on self-improvement and how to make changes in your life to do the things in life that you want to do. A friend recommended it because of the humor. I listened to the audio read by the author and it was sometimes humorous. She sometimes had an interesting spin on overcoming certain problems but not really anything that I hadn't heard before. She also sometimes talked about things I couldn't relate to at all. I wasn't too interested in this but I did like the author's enthusiasm. ( )
  gaylebutz | Oct 26, 2018 |
I have to reduce my ratings as I cannot remember much things from this book. ( )
  Jason.Ong.Wicky | Oct 9, 2018 |
"Sincero relies on her humor and attitude to make this book as entertaining as a self-help book can be. "

Audie Award Winner, Personal Development, 2014

Bestselling author, speaker, and world-traveling success coach Jen Sincero cuts through the din of the self-help genre with her own verbal meat cleaver in You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life. In this refreshingly blunt how-to guide, Sincero serves up twenty-seven bite-sized chapters full of hilariously inspiring stories, life-changing insights, easy exercises, and the occasional swear word.

Via chapters such as "Your Brain Is Your Bitch," "Fear Is for Suckers," and "My Subconscious Made Me Do It," Sincero takes you on a wild joy ride to your own transformation, helping you create the money, relationships, career, and general all-around awesomeness you so desire. And should you be one of those people who dreads getting busted with a self-help book in your hands, fear not.

Sincero, a former skeptic herself, delivers the goods minus the New Age cheese, giving even the snarkiest of poo-pooers exactly what they need to get out of their ruts and start kicking some ass. By the end of You are a Badass, you will understand why you are how you are, how to love what you can't change, how to change what you don't love, and how to start living the kind of life you used to be jealous of.

Bestselling author, speaker and world-traveling success coach, Jen Sincero, cuts through the din of the self-help genre with her own verbal meat cleaver in You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life. In this refreshingly blunt how-to guide, Sincero, serves up 27 bite-sized chapters full of hilariously inspiring stories, life-changing insights, easy exercises and the occasional swear word.

Via chapters such as "Your Brain is Your Bitch," "Fear is for Suckers" and "My Subconscious Made Me Do It," Sincero takes you on a wild joy ride to your own transformation, helping you create the money, relationships, career and general all around awesomeness you so desire. And should you be one of those people who dreads getting busted with a self-help book in your hands, fear not. Sincero, a former skeptic herself, delivers the goods minus the New-Age cheese, giving even the snarkiest of poo-pooers exactly what they need to get out of their ruts and start kicking some ass.

By the end of You Are a Badass, you will understand why you are how you are, how to love what you can't change, how to change what you don't love, and how to start living the kind of life you used to be jealous of.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:22 -0400)

Offers a blunt and irreverent guide to achieving the money, relationships, career, and happiness that one desires through recognizing and doing away with self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviors.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,633,354 books! | Top bar: Always visible