The 100 (The 100 Series) by Kass Morgan

The 100 (The 100 Series) (edition 2014)

by Kass Morgan

Series: The 100 (1)

Member:alpacaherder
Title:The 100 (The 100 Series)
Authors:Kass Morgan
Info:Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (2014), Edition: Mti, Paperback, 336 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:*****
Tags:bn, may2014, acq-personal

The 100 (The 100 Series) by Kass Morgan

English (49)  Spanish (1)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (52)
This book is a perfect fit for the CW network, where it is going to be aired. Attractive teenagers in life or death situations, obsessing about relationships and who kissed whom. They are remarkably unconcerned about being stranded on abandoned, radioactive Earth, with no survival skills, limited food, and no other supplies. But will Clarke get back together with good boy Wells? Or will her flirtation with bad boy Bellamy take center stage? This is far more important. After fifty pages I gave up. ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |
This book had a lot of mixed reviews. Initially I wanted to read it because I have to TV Show on my "To Be Watched" list on Netflix. I always try to read the book versions of shows/movies first. It definitely took me awhile to adjust to the four, different viewpoints of this book. It just seemed like they kept coming. Once I got into that rhythm, I was into the book. I liked the story, even if some of the characters were a little irritating (Wells, come on man, don't be a d-bag.) There was very little concept of time in this book, which was a little bit disappointing. I love pretty much anything dystopian, but usually there is some concept of time. The book left on a huge cliffhanger, so I'm dying to read the sequel.

Also, I started the series on Netflix and episode 1 is the entire first book. There are also a lot of differences, but I like both the book and the show. ( )
  itswawawhitney | Jun 19, 2018 |
[English below]

Tutto il mio entusiasmo per questo libro è scomparso rapidamente lasciando il posto alla delusione.
Mi aspettavo un coinvolgente distopico con una lotta per la sopravvivenza un po' sullo stile di Hunger Games, e invece tutto ciò che ho ottenuto è stato un intreccio di storie d'amore tra adolescenti.
L'inizio era anche promettente, ma poi tutto il resto si è svolto con una lentezza esasperante senza far accadere nulla di rivoluzionario se non nelle ultime pagine, che si sono concluse con un finale totalmente in sospeso obbligando quasi il lettore ad acquistare il seguito.
Come elementi positivi potrei indicare l'alternanza flashback-presente che permette di conoscere meglio i personaggi, alcune frasi che fanno riflettere e lo stile scorrevole, ma non bastano per rendere il libro coinvolgente.

--------------------------------

All my enthusiasm for this book disappeared quickly, substituted by disappointment.
I was expecting an entertaining dystopian with a figh to survive like Hunger Games, instead I obtained just an intrlacement of teenagers' love stories.
The beginning was actually promising, but then the story went on soooo slowly whitout anything revolutionary. Things changed just in the last pages whith an open ending which almost obliges the reader to buy the sequel.
The positive features are the union of flashbacks and present (which allows a better knowledge of the characters), some quotes that make you think and the fluency, but they're not enough to make "The 100" a captivating book.
  Shay17 | Mar 30, 2018 |
Not a bad read, but definitely YA. Overall it was enjoyable, but I was left feeling like it was a lot of backstory and for me things were just getting interesting in the last few pages when the action was about to pick up.

Note to the TV show watchers....It just moved a lot slower than the TV show. The end of the first book, there is just the beginning of a hint that others are on the planet, but they haven't met any of them yet. So lots about their relationships and backstory, but hopefully that will pick up in book 2. ( )
  RivetedReaderMelissa | Mar 22, 2018 |
Ugh. I only endeavored to read this because I thought the TV show was mildly entertaining, but I found I could hardly finish it. On par with such other atrocities as Twilight (which I practically threw across the room after about 50 pages). Who allows crap like this to be published? No wonder "kids these days" are growing up to be complete idiots if these are among their choices in YA fiction. ( )
  knp4597 | Mar 19, 2018 |
To my parents and grandparents, with love and gratitude.
The door slid open, and Clarke knew it was time to die.

No one has set foot on Earth in centuries -- until now.

Ever since a devastating nuclear war, humanity has lived on spaceships far above Earth's radioactive surface. Now, one hundred juvenile delinquents -- considered expendable by society -- are being sent on a dangerous mission: to recolonize the planet. It could be their second chance at life...or it could be a suicide mission.

CLARKE was arrested for treason, though she's haunted by the memory of what she really did. WELLS, the chancellor's son, came to Earth for the girl he loves -- but will she ever forgive him? Reckless BELLAMY fought his way onto the transport pod to protect his sister, the other half of the only pair of siblings in the universe. And GLASS managed to escape back onto the ship, only to find that life there is just as dangerous as she feared it would be on Earth.

Confronted with a savage land and haunted by secrets from their pasts, the hundred must fight to survive. They were never meant to be heroes, but they may be mankind's last hope.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:26 -0400)

When 100 juvenile delinquents are sent on a mission to recolonize Earth, they get a second chance at freedom, friendship, and love, as they fight to survive in a dangerous new world.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,620,619 books! | Top bar: Always visible