dismiss

Ditari i Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

Ditari i Wimpy Kid

by Jeff Kinney

9,665633523 (4)56
Greg records his sixth grade experiences in a middle school where he and his best friend, Rowley, undersized weaklings amid boys who need to shave twice daily, hope just to survive, but when Rowley grows more popular, Greg must take drastic measures to save their friendship.
Member:hnn
Title:Ditari i Wimpy Kid
Authors:Jeff Kinney
Info:
Tags:Albanian

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

English (620)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (4)  French (2)  Arabic (1)  Italian (1)  Hungarian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  All languages (634)
what Greg Heffley says he wonC"BBt do and what he actually does are two very different things.

Since its launch in May 2004 on Funbrain.com
  WPHECSPEC | May 29, 2020 |
So even though I am not the target audience for this book by a long shot, I still found it enjoyable. I appreciated that the vocabulary seemed perfect for the age range: neither talking down to the kids it's meant for, nor using words so big they'd have to look them up. I won't be reading more of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, but I am glad to have read this one so that I could find out what they were about. ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | May 18, 2020 |
great for fourt or fifth graders, just for fun reading, or reflective writing inspiration. ( )
  CourtneyRay | Apr 20, 2020 |
Diary of a Wimpy Kid is a graphic, young adult novel. It is written in diary form, so it is told from the characters point of view, which is Gregory. It takes place in Chicago, Illinois. This book is hilarious and optimistic. The whole tone of this book depends on the character, so it could be happy, frustrated, sad, etc. This book gave me an interesting outlook on life during a period in my life that was important to me. I would recommend this book for ages 10-13. ( )
  Karinapatel | Apr 13, 2020 |
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
Series: Diary of a Wimpy Kid (1)

The first in the series of the same name, Jeff Kinney's Diary of a Wimpy Kid follows the titular "wimpy kid," Greg Heffley, as he goes about his tumultuous and chaotic life in middle school. Deciding to keep what he calls a journal, Greg is embarrassed when his mom buys him a diary. He reluctantly agrees with it and fills out page after page, chronicling his day-to-day activities throughout middle school. Throughout the course of the first novel, we are introduced to many of the mainstay characters of the series -- such as Greg's mom and dad and his brothers, teenager Rodrick and little kid Manny, his best friend Rowley Jefferson, and the weird kid from down the street named Fregley.

I read these books years ago back in my elementary and middle school years, and I decided I'd reread this one. It was a real quick read (most of the pages are filled with larger writing and the memorable artwork), and I finished it in like three sittings. You could easily do it in one, if you had the time to binge it all out. The writing is great and flows realistically, and, as I mentioned, the artwork is memorable -- at least to someone who grew up with it. That being said, the characters aren't always the greatest -- Greg has his fair share of moments where he's a jerk, being mean to some little kids or Rowley or mouthing of to his parents. Still, he does do the right thing (most of the time) and is, in the end, a good friend who will step up to help out.

Writing: 4.5 | Classic writing that moves along smoothly and captures a realistic feeling of a middle school kid who's keeping a journal of his life.
Theme: 4.5 | A middle schooler keeps a day-to-day chronicle of various events throughout the year, including a Halloween involving run-ins with bullies, a disastrous Christmas, and other escapades.
Content: 4.5 | Greg mouths off and lies to different people throughout the book and treats others badly at times, as do other characters; a few "rough teenagers" are also shown to be around school smoking and bullying kids, but they're generally portrayed as the "bad guys."

Overall: 4.5 | Diary of a Wimpy Kid is definitely a "modern classic" for younger readers, and the writing and artwork are just as timeless as ever. The first installment to this memorable series definitely has some highlight moments and introduces us to Greg Heffley and his friends. Even though Greg and Co. aren't always the best influences, they still blend together to create a series of humorous events and episodes that comprise this enjoyable youth series.

***Finished April 9, 2020*** ( )
  DarthTindalus | Apr 10, 2020 |
Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is about a kid named Gregg Hefley and is friend Rowley Jefferson. The two boys or teenagers as they like to say are in middle school. Basically the first book is about them going tricker treating and they were chased by some mean high school kids. So they run into their grammas house and hide while there grandma isn't there. But Rowley let out a big secret and told them that the teenagers that Greggs grandma wasn't there. The teenagers waited and waited until they came and accidently scratch there truck. The kids managed to escape and ran off. But the teenagers went there school and made them eat the cheese. The cheese was a highly nasty thing. It goes on from generation to generation that if you touched the cheese that you would have the cheese touch! The teenagers made Rowley eat it. Rowley ate it and then a whole swarm of people came by. But Gregg was a good friend and said that he ate it.

added by Dawson.dbes1541 | editgermany, beshears.dawson (Oct 27, 2011)

Unusual, Funny.

The author shows good words, punctiation and very funny lines..
added by tylermurray | editSaint John, Canada, Tyler Murray

Schaffer, HelmutDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Soares, Antonio de MacedoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Para mamãe, papai, Re, Scott e Patrick
To Mom, Dad, Re, Scott, and Patrick
Em primeiro lugar, quero esclarecer uma coisa: isto é um LIVRO DE MEMÓRIAS, não um diário.
First of all, let me get something straight: This is a JOURNAL, not a diary.
Let me just say for the record that I think middle school is the dumbest idea ever invented. You got kids like me who haven't hit their growth spurt yet mixed in with these gorillas who need to shave twice a day. And then they wonder why bullying is such a big problem in middle school.
The Latin translation of this book (Commentarii de Inepto Puero) should NOT be combined with the main work (Diary of a Wimpy Kid), under the "dead languages" exception in the combining rules.

This book is presented in diary form and is packed with humor that both kids and adults will enjoy and find appropriate. It is a great way to get the hesitant reader excited about books!

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 014330383X, 0670074926

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,810,469 books! | Top bar: Always visible