Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 1 by Jeff Kinney

Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 1 (edition 2007)

by Jeff Kinney

Member:jbittn1
Title:Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 1
Authors:Jeff Kinney
Info:Amulet Books (2007), Edition: edition unstated edition, Hardcover, 224 pages
Collections:5th-6th grade readers, Contemporary Realistic Fiction, Chapter Books
Rating:*****
Tags:middle school, struggle

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

English (596)  Dutch (4)  Spanish (4)  Arabic (1)  Italian (1)  Portuguese (Portugal) (1)  French (1)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (609)
I read this book mainly because I was bored and I found it next to my elbow in a waiting room. The title was probably one of the more humorous things in the book. The sketches are "cute," the story interesting. Not a book I'd necessarily recommend, but not one I'd down anyone for reading. ( )
  KatelynSBolds | Nov 12, 2018 |
Very funny. ( )
  AlannaB | Oct 7, 2018 |
I honestly hate this whole series. I think it is stupid and Ive never found it entertaining. However, little boys LOVE it! I think that despite the fact that it is super lacking in literary value, it does hold value in the fact that if it encourages little kids to read then it is worth keeping in the classroom ( )
  s_cat1 | Oct 1, 2018 |
Remotely humorous, but they all kinda mix together. ( )
  morbusiff | Sep 20, 2018 |
This book would be a perfect read for grades 3-8. It talks about how a young boy is starting middle school and how everyone around him is bigger and better. This book would be a good lesson to teach students diary writing and how keeping a journal is good. ( )
  mnh98 | Sep 18, 2018 |
Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is about a kid named Gregg Hefley and is friend Rowley Jefferson. The two boys or teenagers as they like to say are in middle school. Basically the first book is about them going tricker treating and they were chased by some mean high school kids. So they run into their grammas house and hide while there grandma isn't there. But Rowley let out a big secret and told them that the teenagers that Greggs grandma wasn't there. The teenagers waited and waited until they came and accidently scratch there truck. The kids managed to escape and ran off. But the teenagers went there school and made them eat the cheese. The cheese was a highly nasty thing. It goes on from generation to generation that if you touched the cheese that you would have the cheese touch! The teenagers made Rowley eat it. Rowley ate it and then a whole swarm of people came by. But Gregg was a good friend and said that he ate it.

added by Dawson.dbes1541 | editgermany, beshears.dawson (Oct 27, 2011)

Unusual, Funny.

The author shows good words, punctiation and very funny lines..
added by tylermurray | editSaint John, Canada, Tyler Murray

Jeff Kinneyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ocampo, Ramon deNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Soares, Antonio de MacedoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Para mamãe, papai, Re, Scott e Patrick
To Mom, Dad, Re, Scott, and Patrick
Em primeiro lugar, quero esclarecer uma coisa: isto é um LIVRO DE MEMÓRIAS, não um diário.
First of all, let me get something straight: This is a JOURNAL, not a diary.
Let me just say for the record that I think middle school is the dumbest idea ever invented. You got kids like me who haven't hit their growth spurt yet mixed in with these gorillas who need to shave twice a day. And then they wonder why bullying is such a big problem in middle school.
The Latin translation of this book (Commentarii de Inepto Puero) should NOT be combined with the main work (Diary of a Wimpy Kid), under the "dead languages" exception in the combining rules.
This book is presented in diary form and is packed with humor that both kids and adults will enjoy and find appropriate. It is a great way to get the hesitant reader excited about books!

Boys don’t keep diaries—or do they?

The launch of an exciting and innovatively illustrated new series narrated by an unforgettable kid every family can relate to

It’s a new school year, and Greg Heffley finds himself thrust into middle school, where undersized weaklings share the hallways with kids who are taller, meaner, and already shaving. The hazards of growing up before you’re ready are uniquely revealed through words and drawings as Greg records them in his diary.

In book one of this debut series, Greg is happy to have Rowley, his sidekick, along for the ride. But when Rowley’s star starts to rise, Greg tries to use his best friend’s newfound popularity to his own advantage, kicking off a chain of events that will test their friendship in hilarious fashion.

Author/illustrator Jeff Kinney recalls the growing pains of school life and introduces a new kind of hero who epitomizes the challenges of being a kid. As Greg says in his diary, “Just don’t expect me to be all ‘Dear Diary’ this and ‘Dear Diary’ that.” Luckily for us, what Greg Heffley says he won’t do and what he actually does are two very different things.

Since its launch in May 2004 on Funbrain.com, the Web version of Diary of a Wimpy Kid has been viewed by 20 million unique online readers. This year, it is averaging 70,000 readers a day.

F&P level: T

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:20 -0400)

Greg records his sixth grade experiences in a middle school where he and his best friend, Rowley, undersized weaklings amid boys who need to shave twice daily, hope just to survive, but when Rowley grows more popular, Greg must take drastic measures to save their friendship.… (more)

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 014330383X, 0670074926

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,260,563 books! | Top bar: Always visible