Skate Into Fun (Jenna) by Nev Nickelz

Skate Into Fun (Jenna)

by Nev Nickelz

No tags.

This is a super cute book that is a very simple read. It's colorful and fun to look at and read. ( )
  Penny01966 | Sep 4, 2013 |
Skate into fun is a cute early reader book. Words repeat giving the reader practice with new words. I think young readers will enjoy this book. The pictures are very busy and a little bit overkill for a reader who might find that distracting, but the story is cute. ( )
  rgleason14 | Aug 30, 2013 |
I received this free ebook for review. Adorable children's book that is colorfully illustrated. It lets children know that they have lots of Career choices in life. They sky's the limit! My daughter enjoyed it. ( )
  rachelep | Aug 27, 2013 |
"Skate Into Fun" by Nev Nickelz is a brightly colorful Level #1 Fun Reads Book, in which Jenna, a little girl, dreams of all the things she might like to be when she grows up. Jenna's imagination is a good one, and she comes up with an awful lot of great ideas for things she could be or do when she's an adult.

I may be wrong, but I believe a Level #1 Fun Reads Book is intended to be read by a child who is in the process of learning to read. It may be intended for children already able to read, but either way I think "Skate Into Fun" is a story that children will be attracted to. The brilliant colors, coupled with the exciting career choices Jenna suggests, should really get kids excited about reading.

This would be a valuable book for any early reader to have on the bookshelf. Even the older siblings might get some good ideas for what to be when they grow up! ( )
  Grampy | Aug 18, 2013 |
Skate Into Fun is a whimsical and very imagination heavy children's book. I am impressed for numerous reasons. The first is because there is a variety of jobs/occupations for everyone. It isn't just the typical; president, astronaut, etc. For any child, they can dream of even becoming a professional hulahooper and that speaks to the writing and creativity of the author. Something else I noticed is that while this book seems targeted towards young girls, the jobs are unisex. In this, if a young boy reads it, he can still relate if he chooses too.

Both of these reasons show readers like myself that this book is even more beautiful because it's more inclusive of everyone and that is what more children's books need.

Definitely worth purchasing for a young child in your life. Beautifully done Nev and Mariah. ( )
  ChristinaBurgess | Aug 13, 2013 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Nev Nickelz's book Skate Into Fun (Jenna) was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Nev Nickelz is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,031,371 books! | Top bar: Always visible