Fear Nothing by Lisa Gardner

Fear Nothing (2014)

by Lisa Gardner

Series: D.D. Warren (7)

Lisa Gardner is a superb author. I enjoy the DD Warren series very much. This book was based on an interesting “feel no pain” premise, but sadly I did not feel much in terms of pathos for any of the characters this time around. I also felt dissatisfied by the resolution, wondering if Lisa had settled on a convenient killer rather than plotting toward the perfect killer and then deciding she might fare better as a recurring series character, would love to know. Nonetheless, I look forward to the next book. ( )
  GinaFava | Apr 11, 2018 |
Great mystery and had an unexpected ending. I've read one other D.D. Warren book before and enjoyed it as well so I'll probably read more! I love that they can be read as stand alones as well! ( )
  KeriLynneD | Jan 10, 2018 |
Two sister's who lived in hell. One went to prison, and one felt no pain.
Foster home after foster home, one adopted by a doctor.
One was a killer and one a doctor, with very special talents.
Now after 30 years, the killing starts all over again. D. D. Warren is trying to manage Melvin and work the case. The case she shouldn't be on.
Who will kill the "Rose killer"? That is the question. Will the two sisters be together forever? Read FEAR NOTHING and find out.

Deb F. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.

mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |
After Detective D.D. Warren returns to a vicious crime scene where she is confronted by the soon to be called Rose Killer, she awakes with only the memory of a lullaby ringing in her ears. Her extensive injuries send her to a pain specialist who, coincidentally enough, has a genetic condition that prevents her from feeling pain of any kind. But that's not the only secret Dr. Glen is hiding. She is the daughter of the notorious serial killer Harry Day, and the sister of a woman who first killed at fourteen. Soon Dr. Glen and Detective D. D. Warren embark on a race to find the Rose Killer before one of them is the next victim.

Sarah M. / Marathon County Public Library
Find this book in our library catalog.

mcpl.wausau | Sep 25, 2017 |
A rare recessive genetic freak of nature Dr Adeline Glen not only had the inability to feel physical pain she was also the product of a psychopathic torturer/serial killer. Unusual suspects, Great suspense. The book is written from three POV's - Dr Adeline Glen, Detective D.D. Warren and the killer. The killer wasn't revealed until the end; the routes we traveled to get there were twisty. ( )
  buffalogr | Aug 8, 2017 |

Lisa Gardnerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Potter, KirstenReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

In #1 New York Times bestseller Lisa Gardner’s latest pulse-pounding thriller, Detective D. D. Warren must face a new fear as a serial killer terrorizes Boston.

My name is Dr. Adeline Glen. Due to a genetic condition, I can’t feel pain. I never have. I never will.

The last thing Boston Detective D. D. Warren remembers is walking the crime scene after dark. Then, a creaking floorboard, a low voice crooning in her ear. . . . She is later told she managed to discharge her weapon three times. All she knows is that she is seriously injured, unable to move her left arm, unable to return to work.

Six weeks later, a second woman is discovered murdered in her own bed, her room containing the same calling cards from the first: a bottle of champagne and a single red rose. The only person who may have seen the killer: Detective D. D. Warren, who still can’t lift her child, load her gun, or recall a single detail from the night that may have cost her everything.

Our father was Harry Day, an infamous serial killer who buried young women beneath the floor of our home. He has been dead for forty years. Except the Rose Killer knows things about my father he shouldn’t. My sister claims she can help catch him. I think just because I can’t feel pain doesn’t mean my family can’t hurt me.

D.D. may not be back on the job, but she is back on the hunt. Because the Rose Killer isn’t just targeting lone women, he is targeting D.D. And D.D. knows there is only one way to take him down:

Fear nothing.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:15 -0400)

" In #1 New York Times bestseller Lisa Gardner's latest pulse-pounding thriller, Detective D. D. Warren must face a new fear as a serial killer terrorizes Boston. My name is Dr. Adeline Glen. Due to a genetic condition, I can't feel pain. I never have. I never will. The last thing Boston Detective D. D. Warren remembers is walking the crime scene after dark. Then, a creaking floorboard, a low voice crooning in her ear. She is later told she managed to discharge her weapon three times. All she knows is that she is seriously injured, unable to move her left arm, unable to return to work. My sister is Shana Day, a notorious murderer who first killed at fourteen. Incarcerated for thirty years, she has now murdered more people while in prison than she did as a free woman. Six weeks later, a second woman is discovered murdered in her own bed, her room containing the same calling cards from the first: a bottle of champagne and a single red rose. The only person who may have seen the killer: Detective D. D. Warren, who still can't lift her child, load her gun, or recall a single detail from the night that may have cost her everything. Our father was Harry Day, an infamous serial killer who buried young women beneath the floor of our home. He has been dead for forty years. Except the Rose Killer knows things about my father he shouldn't. My sister claims she can help catch him. I think just because I can't feel pain doesn't mean my family can't hurt me. D.D. may not be back on the job, but she is back on the hunt. Because the Rose Killer isn't just targeting lone women, he is targeting D.D. And D.D. knows there is only one way to take him down: Fear nothing"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,743,173 books! | Top bar: Always visible