Grace Unplugged: A Novel by Melody Carlson

Grace Unplugged: A Novel

by Melody Carlson

I'm usually a huge fan of Melody Carlson's work but I bought this book without knowing that it was a novelization of a movie. I couldn't get through it and from the 15 minutes I saw of the movie, it was pretty bad too. ( )
  olegalCA | Dec 9, 2014 |
Title: Grace Unplugged (A Novel)
Author: Melody Carlson
Pages: 304
Year: 203
Publisher: B & H Books
Reading is such a wonderful gift, and lately I have begun to appreciate it especially when I just finished with the latest work of fiction. Grace Unplugged is not just a novel, but a soon to be released movie based on the novel plus the nonfiction book Own It written by a different author. While some may not know how these books are tied together, once you read them you’ll appreciate the message in both.
Many people want to seek the things of this world that they believe will make them happy once they have obtained them. For some it is a certain amount of money, others success in their career, and there are a host of other goals earnestly sought with one’s whole being. In this novel, Grace believes that no one understands her desire to be free from her parents “control” and be a rock star. Never wondering who she was doing it for, one night she leaves quietly with only a note for her parents to find.
The perceived glamour, tours, meeting with other established stars begins to cause Grace to start down the slippery slope she heard her father once describing. However, she never believed her dad and couldn’t understand that when her fame began to grow so did the restlessness of her heart. Meeting an intern working at the same music company was more than a coincidence that Grace will begin to see in the days ahead.
With an open heart, I ask that you read both Own It and Grace Unplugged along with the thought of others who might be touched by reading them as well. There is a strong message in both books calling all people to look to Who they are living for and serving with the life God has given to them! I can say both books will remain in my personal library for times of encouragement or reminders.
My rating is 5 stars!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspot.com/ . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson.75457 ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Sep 26, 2013 |

Grace Trey is an eighteen-year-old singer as passionate about her Christian faith as she is her phenomenal music talent. Both traits come from her father, one-hit wonder Jonny Trey, who found a new life in Jesus after losing his chart success. When she encounters her own music break of a lifetime, the sudden dive into the "real world" puts her deeper beliefs to the test.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,419,164 books! | Top bar: Always visible