Ennara and the Fallen Druid (Volume 1) by…

Ennara and the Fallen Druid (Volume 1)

by Angela Myron

This would be a good tale for a middle school library to have available for readers interested in dragons and magic. It is not too scary and the plot moves along quickly. Ennara will appeal to the female reader and the adventure part will appeal to the males. ( )
  bemislibrary | Jul 5, 2016 |
Won in a LibraryThing Giveaway.
I found it a nice length for an Audiobook.
Enjoyed the story immensely, and can't wait to share with the kids! Well plotted, clear imagery, and well able to stretch the imagination. Storyline has been overdone by publisher and other reviewers, so no need to go over it all here. Just be prepared to enjoy whether 10 or 100!
I was less happy with the narrator, not because of her skills, but because I found her voice too saccharine. ( )
1 vote jetangen4571 | Feb 25, 2016 |
Ennara is a special girl, she was born into the world with the ability to use magic more powerful than other witches and wizards, however since she was little she has only practiced theory and history of her abilities. Now her homeland is threatened by creepy shadow creatures and she must join a wizard to retrieve a sword of power to fight these monsters.

I was pleasantly surprised by this book, Ennara has been on my Netgalley bookshelf for a long time and I kept trying to get through newer books instead of reading this one, I am not really sure why. I love this cover, the synopsis has always caught my eye and still I did not gravitate to it. The other day I finally did and I flew through it. The book itself has a plot that reminded me a lot of The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings books, but written for a middle grade audience and the main character is a magic user. So while there were a lot of similarities there was also enough differences that it kept me interested.

As for characters, I really liked all of them and disliked those that, when it came down to it, I was meant to dislike. Ennara is young but strong, and stubborn but rightfully so and her companions really help her grow into her abilities and help her along the way without being annoying, possessive, or greedy.

Overall this was a marvelous middle grade book and I can only imagine that the series is enjoyable as well. Great for lovers of fantasy, magic, and adventure. ( )
1 vote sszkutak | Jan 7, 2016 |
I was given an audiobook version in exchange for an honest review.

I liked this audio book in spite of the fact that it was somewhat predicable in spots. The only real draw back was the narrator, who had a strange way of parsing the sentences. There were pauses in spots I would have expected, although I did like the various inflections she used for the characters. Still, I tried not to let that influence my view of the story content.

The story follows Enarra, who is a branded magic user, but who does not know much about how to use magic. Enarra stumbles across a monster who attacked some cows and who begins to stalk her, but she is saved by members of her village. Enarra quickly learns about an evil that is making a come back and is tied to a fallen druid. She embarks on a journey with a magic mentor and her best friend. Along the way they pick up another companion from a ship where the captain attempts to kidnap Enarra for his own use rather than to deliver them to an underwater city as chartered. They also meet an devious merchant lady who works to assist the druid and tries to hamper Enarra and her companions.

Overall, this was a nice listen and I would recommend it to others. ( )
1 vote greymith | Sep 7, 2015 |
Review to come.

Rating: 3.5 stars
  Diamond.Dee. | Jul 3, 2015 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Angela Myron's book Ennara and the Fallen Druid was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Angela Myron is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,391,846 books! | Top bar: Always visible