Waiting for Ty by Samantha Ann King

Book 1 of this series was M/F/M.  Landon was a supporting character in book 1.  In it we learned that he had just broken up with his girlfriend.
Book 2 picks up not long after book 1 ends.  It's is M/M.

Landon is 6'6", quiet, intelligent, looks kinda Viking-ish, grew up with 2 overprotective sisters and is now a cancer research scientist.

Ty is 6'2", dark, rough, grew up harsh on a cattle farm with a very old fashioned family and is now a reporter.

They met in college and have remained best friends since.  Both live in Texas but in different cities.  Ty's job requires him to travel a lot so he sometimes stays with Landon when work brings him there.

We quickly learn that both Ty and Landon have felt bisexual for years while neither have acted on any of their same sex desires.  But their mutual attraction is building to the point that it can no longer be ignored.

He kissed as if he couldn't get enough of him, as if he were trying to get enough to last a lifetime.

After drinking a few beers, they give in to the pull between them and have their first M/M sexual experience with each other through the night and morning.  Landon is all for a relationship.  Ty knows if he chooses a life with Landon, he will loose his family and possibly wreck his public career so he leaves with intentions to stay away completely.  He is certain that going back to friendship will never be enough.

"One last time," Landon murmured.  "One last time. Slow and easy."  His voice was hypnotic, and Ty couldn't have stopped him now if his life depended on it.  "But first just stand there. Don't move. Don't touch me."

This book goes through multiple point of views about gay relationships, the ones thinking they will go to hell, the ones that disown, the ones okay with it as long as it isn't around them, the ones instantly accepting, the ones that just have to get used to the idea and the ones thinking love is love.

Family.  He'd begun revising his notion of what that word meant.  Who made up a family and what was their place in his life?  He'd been grasping at childhood ideals and trying to work them into a world that would no longer accommodate them.  Close-knit, biologically related, loving each other no matter what.  Obviously, he'd been wrong about the biological part.  Sharing DNA didn't guarantee that closeness.

toni

best friends turned lovers my review can be found at http://divasdiscussions.blogspot.com/2013/12/waiting-for-ty-by-samantha-ann-king... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
Starting from the assumption that I liked this romance, and that I'd recommend it to my friends, I want to let it out from the beginning the only nagging feeling I had while reading it: the two men in the story are bisexual, and they really wanted to let the reader know it, cause they more than once said it, highlighting how people don't understand the concept of bisexuality, how everyone believes that or you are homosexual or you are heterosexual; now maybe I'm familiar with the Kinsey scale and I didn't feel necessary to affirming it so many time, but truth be told, I also understand the author that probably faced more than once this sort of ghetto for bisexuals, like they are in a limbo people don't recognize.

Anyway, the concept of the story is that Ty and Landon fell in love probably at first sight, but to avoid problematic confrontations with family and friends, they decided it was only a best friendship; they visit each other (one living in Austin, the other in Houston), they watch sport, they crash at each other place when necessary. And meeting after meeting the tension build like a mountain until the night it crashes down, overwhelming both men.

The author hasn't the pink glasses on, and she well know it is not easy for both of them, especially for Ty whose uber-conservative deep bible-belt family will not understand his love for Landon. So after sex, there will be the moment to let the heat cool down and the brain taking some decisions. It will hurt some, it will make happy some other. The eroticism is well balanced with the emotional involvement, tipping the story more towards erotic romance than erotica, even if the sex side of the story is an important and catalyst event.

elisa.rolle | Jul 27, 2014 |
I always love a friends to lovers story and in this case, the friends are Ty and Landon. They explored the unknown together after fighting their feelings for years. After a 2 month break, they work through their feelings and join as a couple. I know the closed minds are out there but my feelings are as long as people are happy..I don't care who they choose. Great short read. ( )
  Dms8502 | Nov 27, 2013 |
I didn't read book 1 in this series. Truth is I didn't know this wasn't a stand alone. But I don't think it mattered much.

Waiting for Ty deals with two best friends coming to terms with their hidden/suppressed sexual inclinations. Both Ty and Landon are bisexual and are attracted to each other since they met 4 years ago, however, they ignore their feelings for fear of being rejected. A game night and a few beers change that, and after an unforgettable night, Ty decides to cool their friendship off in hopes that this was a passing thing between them.

After two months and realizing Landon is the one for him, Ty reaches out. But now the challenge changes and their families are the new obstacle.

I very much enjoyed this story, even though there want anything new or different than other M/M coming to terms romances in it. It is well written and I really felt the anger and frustration from both Ty and Landon about their situation. I do wish it had more substance and flesh.

Thank you NetGalley and CarinaPress for this advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.

3.5 stars ( )
  TheBookHammock | Sep 24, 2013 |
This hot little GFY number was just what I needed last night, after a very emotional (but excellent) read.

Ty doesn't do men, Landon doesn't either, but they seem to be in love with each other. Landon doesn't care what anyone else thinks, but Ty is from a very religious, old values family, and was worried about what the relationship would do to his own with his family, so he runs. After one VERY hot night, he tells Landon that it can't happen again, and they don't speak for two months.

I would have liked to have seen a bit more of what happened during those two months, instead of just cutting to Ty deciding enough already, he missed his best friend, his lover, and I would have liked it better if Landon hadn't been quite so welcoming when Ty finally got his head out of his ass. Make him grovel, just a little bit, the guy fucked and ran, and didn't contact you for months! Where's your dignity?

But it was a short and kinda smutty, and just what I needed to help me sleep last night, so job well done. ( )
  Bitchie | Sep 21, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,460,461 books! | Top bar: Always visible