Hunted by D. B. Reynolds

The novella is short but packed with insight, a very good bridge between Lucas’ book and Aden’s forthcoming book.

The novella is filled with humor (I love fang boy), Hot sex, friendship, vampire politics and a little bit of good old detective work. The relationship between Rafael and Cyn appears strong and loving, both parties are giving just a bit in their behavior, Rafael trusting Cyn a little more, and Cyn making a few good decisions to keep herself safe. I loved spending more time with Lucas – he is one of my favorites. The friendship between Katherine and Cyn looks good and I hope we will get more of the pair together as plots and future books develop. In fact a great novella could be based on the idea of the “mate’s club”, all the mates together sharing the secrets of life with their vampire lords, it could be hoot.

New kid on the block Aden, has some issues with women that I hope become part of his book, as to why he harbors these feelings…it should be fun to see him circum to his chosen women, he might have some back peddling to do. Aden appears knowledgeable, confident in his strength, a bit cocky in his attitude, and doesn’t shy away from challenges. In other words he has a big ego, but then most of our lords do.

Glad this novella happened, but sorry its over already, I guess I’ll just have wait for Aden to get more Vampires in America.
  kerbytejas | Mar 25, 2016 |
Sweet little novella, and I am waiting for more with the next book. No review for this one, peeps! It was tame, but enjoyable. ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |
4.5 stars This series is always a must read for me. My only complaint about these novellas is that they are never long enough. Cyn and Raphael burn up the pages as always and I always want more of them. Cyn manages not to get into too much trouble this time around which is a good thing considering her and Raphael are still recovering from the events in Lucas.

We also get to meet Aden in Hunted which leaves of on the way to the Vampire Lord Council Meeting in Chicago that will take place in the next book Aden! I have no doubt that it will be amazing as this series always is and with any luck we will get to catch up with some of the past Vampire Lords and mates! ( )
  TexasBookLover7 | Jun 16, 2015 |
3 ½ of 5 Stars

Raphael and Cyn make a stop to visit Lucus on their way to Chicago to oversee a competition for the next Lord of the Midwest. Someone doesn’t want them to make their destination and is hunting them.

D. B. Reynolds has created wonderful characters, that have an interesting dynamic. I enjoyed Cyn and Kathryn getting to know each other. Those two are a lot alike, and I could see them having a great friendship moving forward.

This was a great novella to transition between Lucus (Vampires in America #6) and Aden (Vampires in America, #7). The plot had a lot of action and mystery. This was the prefect Segway to book 7.

Complimentary copy provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  dlynch | Oct 23, 2014 |
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson:
*eARC received from the Author via NetGalley

I'm a VAMPIRES IN AMERICA fan and I'm not afraid to admit that there has been many a time where I was a squeeing fangirl. Loving to get lost in this world like I do, it seriously feels like forever between stories and I long for another foray into the crazy wonderfulness that is ViA. This novella was WELL worth the wait!

A super sexy read with plenty of action & intrigue, the meeting between Cyn & Kathryn that I've been clamoring for (which incidentally has amazing promise for more fun from our Mates Club! Woot), and a reveal of the reason behind the vampire lord alliances that have been building book after book (yeah, big secrets revealed).

Bottom line, it was so, so good, and highly recommended!

While Hunted technically could be read without having read the rest of the series, I wouldn't recommend it. There is just so much to be enjoyed in the previous installments, and the character evolution between the books up to this point in Hunted is quite remarkable. Take the time, lose yourself. You won't be disappointed! ( )
  LITERALADDICTION | Jul 18, 2013 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,921,250 books! | Top bar: Always visible