The Accident by Kate Hendrick

The Accident

by Kate Hendrick

"I tell them that we can't always control what happens to us. But we can control how we respond to it."

Ehh. This was not a bad book but I can't really say that I like it either. I almost DNFed this because:

1. It's boring.

I like books that manage to capture my interest and could hold it until the end. Unfortunately, this book didn't do it for me.

2. I didn't connect with any of these characters.

I found them bland. There's no one that really stood out or affected me in some way.

Hmm. Eliat, maybe. I didn't know at first that she's Tash's mother. That's a lot of baggage to be thrown in a child. She was so young.

3. The POVs.

The book has 3 POVs without indicating which POV is the chapter about. Confusing as hell at the beginning but you'll get use to it somehow.

The ending is a complete mess. I am so confused on how these characters are connected in some way. So many of my questions are left unanswered. Others said to take note of the 'before, after, later' but I didn't because I couldn't really get what they mean.

Ahh sorry. I didn't enjoy this book. Maybe others will find this appealing but it's just not for me.

*ARC provided by publisher/author via Edelweiss in exchanged of a honest review.* ( )
  margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |

1. It's boring.

2. I didn't connect with any of these characters.

3. The POVs.

margaraawr | Aug 8, 2014 |

A rainy night. A car crash. An accident that will change, has changed, is changing, everything. After the accident Sarah has a new school to deal with not to mention a family being torn apart by grief. For Will, things haven't been okay at home for a long time. But when they start to change he's unsure. Is he ready? Eliat's raising a two-year-old. Trying to finish school. Partying as hard as she can. No surprise if she just wants to get away, just get into a car and drive. In this extraordinary debut, Kate Hendrick sets the butterfly effect in motion. The gripping stories of three teenagers going through crucial changes show how random actions acquire significance. How one pivotal moment could transform your life and you might never know.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,408,671 books! | Top bar: Always visible