Revival Volume 2: Live Like You Mean It by…

Revival Volume 2: Live Like You Mean It

by Tim Seeley (Story), MIke Norton (Art)

Other authors: 4 Star Studios (Editing), Crank! (Letters), Sean Dove (Design), Mark Englert (Colors), Jenny Frison (Chapter art)

Series: Revival (Volume 2)

This series helped me through SRP madness this year.
Fargo meets Walking Dead. ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |
The suspense w these novels is Lost level. Still have no idea where this series is headed. ( )
  kallai7 | Mar 23, 2017 |

*Book source ~ Library

Things are getting crazy in central Wisconsin where the dead have come back to life and returned to their everyday routine. No one knows what’s going on, but one thing is certain; as the government and religious institutions butt heads, the lockdown situation is about to explode.

Again, the concept is great and I love the artwork. However, it’s like watching a cartoon character’s legs spin in place while they try to run away. It’s not really going anywhere. Em is still unlikeable and Dana is clueless. A murder is solved but that’s about it. There’s still not a single clue, not one tiny crumb of info as to how this situation started and what the fuck is that white thing running around? I’m frustrated and unwilling to continue. ( )
  AVoraciousReader | Feb 29, 2016 |
As a whole, collected volumes 1 thru 5 aren't very different from each other. The artwork is as gruesome as the story. The underlying elements in each collected volume vary a little; but the story arc stays cohesive. I'm sort of riveted by all the other ethical bits of the whole story
* should people that are different/dangerous be forcibly detained?
* how ethical is it to quarantine one or more towns?
* if you want to die, but can't, what are the ethical implications?

Each collected volume moves the entire story forward, which I'm pleased to see. ( )
  lesmel | Dec 31, 2015 |
In case you don't know about this series: the dead have come alive again (in a rural village in Wisconsin), but they're not zombies. But they're also not the people they used to be, and every now and then it becomes clear that something sinister came along with the town's revived loved ones.

In this second collection more and more story strands appear (and thus more characters), and they get intertwined and connected.

I've read the separate issues that are collected in this volume, and I have to admit that keeping it all in your head is getting complicated; I frequently had to re-read at least part of a previous issue because I simply couldn't get a grip on some part of the current issue.

Which is a good thing, by the way: it means there's lots of story meat to chew on, and that things that seem little asides at one time actually turn out to be far more important later. There seems to be a plan and a purpose on a rather grand scale, and I can only hope it does not derail along the way. ( )
  Bert.Cielen | Oct 16, 2013 |

Seeley, TimStoryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Norton, MIkeArtmain authorall editionsconfirmed
4 Star StudiosEditingsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Crank!Letterssecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dove, SeanDesignsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Englert, MarkColorssecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Frison, JennyChapter artsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

"For one day in rural central Wisconsin, the dead came back to life. Now it's up to Officer Dana Cypress to deal with the media scrutiny, religious zealots, and government quarantine that has come with them. In a town where the living have to learn to deal with those who are supposed to be dead, Dana must content with paranoia, murder, black market organ dealers, and a sister who may be losing more of her humanity with each new day."--Cover, page 4.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,356,977 books! | Top bar: Always visible