Nighty night, Little Green Monster by Ed…

Nighty night, Little Green Monster (2013)

by Ed Emberley

2+ (1) 2013 (1) 3s (1) 4s (1) autumn (1) bedtime (10) children's (2) colors (4) cutouts (1) dl (1) fantasy (1) fiction (2) Halloween (5) illustrated (1) interactive (1) juvenile (1) monster (2) monsters (15) night (5) October (1) office (1) picture (1) picture book (5) read (1) read aloud (1) sleep (1) special effects (1) specimens (1) storytime (2) to-read (1)

I'm not sure I understand the point of this. It is the same as "Go Away Big Green Monster" but with minor changes to fit the bedtime theme. I don't get it. ( )
  michelleannlib | Jul 25, 2017 |
If I had toddlers, and if this were a board book, I would totally buy it. My boys & I loved the big kids' version that came first, and since this is aimed at even younger kids, it def. has a place in every family. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Nighty Night, Little Green Monster is a cute, interactive bedtime story that younger kids will really enjoy, especially those who might be afraid of monsters. The book starts off by showing only bits and pieces of the monster at a time using cut-out pages. Then, at the end, the monster disappears in the same fashion. I think this book could be really good for younger kids to help learn colors, shapes, and a little bit of counting. ( )
  NRedler | Apr 12, 2016 |
This is a great book for any kiddos who might be scared of monsters under the bed. As you go through the book the monster appears a little at a time and then disappears just a quickly.

Also could compare and contrast body parts on the monster with the child's body and learning about colors and shapes (not mentioned by name but could look at shapes on the page maybe play a little eye spy)
  Erica.Ward | Feb 28, 2016 |
If I had a hundred copies of Go Away, Big Green Monster in my school library, they would all be checked out every week. Such is the love my school has for Big Green Monster.

How could I resist this for-younger-readers version of a school favorite?

Of course I couldn’t. And I’m glad I couldn’t. It’s just as fun and just as colorful and just as zany. Just written with very little folks in mind. ( )
  debnance | Sep 14, 2013 |

Children will love this monsterously fun story, featuring die-cuts on every spread. With each turn of the page, readers reveal Little Green Monster's little yellow eyes, his little red mouth, and even a cute, tiny white monster tooth. Then, when the stars begin to appear, it's time for bed... so, nighty night, little yellow eyes. Nighty night, little red mouth. Nighty night, cute little white tooth. Sweet dreams!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:28 -0400)

"With the turn of every die-cut page, see Little Green Monster's face gradually appear. Then, as the stars come out, get ready to say good night!"--P. [4] of cover.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,592 books! | Top bar: Always visible