Scholastic Discover More: Animal Babies by…

Scholastic Discover More: Animal Babies

by Andrea Pinnington

To discover a great new children's book series is an awesome feeling as a parent. To discover a great new Non-Fiction children's book series is sometimes better. The Scholastic Discover More series is a wonderful set that has brightened up our recently rainy days. I was lucky to be selected as a winner for one of their giveaways, and got my choice of three titles. I chose Discover More: Animal Babies, Discover More: Farm, and Discover More: My Body.

Discover More: Animal Babies is aimed towards a 4+ age group, though Emily seemed as impressed by this book as I was. I loved the brightness of this book. Everything was made very kid friendly. There are a lot of pictures for kids of all ages to enjoy, and even I learned a few things while reading through its' pages. I usually find non-fiction children's books to be a tad on the boring side, but not in this case. I was always just as curious as Emily was to see what the next page had in store.

I am impressed that this book comes with an added bonus in the form of a free digital book. I have yet to explore that feature to this book, but I know it is there for when Emily gets to be an age that she doesn't just mash the buttons. When the time comes I believe it will be a very useful, and fun tool for us parents, as well as entertaining and educational for her.

In particular we enjoyed the Growing Up page. It has the most beautiful picture of brightly coloured snakes. If I had to guess, I'd say this is the page that Emily goes back to the most. The pictures throughout the rest of the book are amazing too! They get up close and personal with quite a few species, and share a good variety :)

Overall, I think this is a great book, in an awesome series! The Scholastic Discover More series offers a great variety for readers of all ages. Their website aims this book towards ages 4+, but at 19 months, Emily absolutely loves this book, as much as some of her board books. I would suggest this book to parents who seek an educational and fun book offering beautiful pictures that keep children engaged. I gave it a 4/5. ( )
  oddball2003 | May 31, 2013 |

Scholastic Discover More is a revolutionary new nonfiction line pairing stunning print books with corresponding interactive digital books that extend the learning online.

ANIMAL BABIES unlocks a free 16-page digital companion book offering even more information, photos, and videos!

ANIMAL BABIES is packed with facts and adorable photographs of the little creatures kids love. From baby birds, to baby bears, and baby elephants, find out how these newborn animals survive in the wild. See the animal babies change as they grow up. Unique photographs show babies and their parents up close. Easy-to-read text for beginning readers is perfect to share and talk about.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:17 -0400)

Describes how different animal babies are born and how they grow and learn to survive in the world.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,089,887 books! | Top bar: Always visible