Mind Games (A Diana Racine Psychic Suspense)…

Mind Games (A Diana Racine Psychic Suspense)

by Polly Iyer

This is a very well written novel with a simple plot. A psychic (Diana Racine) that in her youth helped police department to solve crimes, is doing entertainment shows as an adult. When she touches the hand of a masked guy, she sees a dead woman under the water, and the masked man says to her that the game has begun. And then it starts a very high paced adventure, where our heroine is kidnapped by the masked guy and a policy lieutenant (Ernie Lucier) tries to rescue her. There is an emotional involvement between the two of them and the author deals very well with all the psychological sides of this relationship. Diana has also a very peculiar relation with her parents. All in all, this is a very entertaining book, that will keep you busy for a few hours. It took me around thirteen hours to read the whole book.
I recommend this book to the permanent library of all readers who like a good mystery with some paranormal activity.

I bought this book from amazon.com in its electronic version. Opinions expressed here are my own. ( )
  rmattos | Jan 23, 2016 |
Diana Racine, a famous psychic who has made a fortune taking her show on the entertainment circuit, is at a benefactor's Mardi Gras party in New Orleans when a tall man in a Cyrano mask comes up and offers his hand. Suddenly, her true psychic ability brings her horrifying images of a young woman being murdered from the man's touch. The masked figure is a serial killer with equal psychic abilities laying down a challenge to our heroine. As the police become involved and Diana finds a budding romantic connection with NOPD Lieutenant Ernie Luciers, the killer raises the game and the hunter becomes the hunted. Author Polly Iyer has crafted a very well-edited suspense thriller, as the advantage shifts continuously in the game between protagonist and antagonist. Some plot elements are stretched a bit out of bounds, but it still maintained interest to the taut conclusion. ( )
  kerryreis57 | Jun 12, 2014 |
Mind Games is about Diana Racine’s relationship with her gift as a psychic, with her parents, the media and her fans. I loved all the complex relationships and Polly Iyer’s excellent ability in writing voices and behaviors that made each character very distinctive. That’s definitely a fine art. The two most important relationships that Diana has to contend with are the budding romance between her and Detective Lucier and the dangerous man with an equally powerful psychic ability who is hell bent on proving, in the most destructive ways, that he is superior. I read this 390 page novel quickly and felt very satisfied with the end. I was rooting for Diana the whole way.

Those of you who follow me know I don’t review on my blog often. Truthfully, I’m very picky about what I love to read. Every now and then, I find an author that has the perfect amount of conversation, description, action, and narration. I have found that in Polly Iyer and plan to devour her collection of books.

The other thing I have realized is that I need some suspense in the novels that I read so the story compels me to want to know what happens next. Overdone narration, description, and back story just put me to sleep, literally.

When I read, I want to be taken on a journey to somewhere I would never actually experience myself and Ms. Iyer brought me into the heart of New Orleans, showed me the world of psychic entertainment and crime investigation. I also enjoy watching characters change and evolve through circumstances and Ms. Iyer didn’t disappoint. I’m excited to read the next in the series and find out what’s next for Diana.

I’ve had the great pleasure of meeting Ms. Iyer on Facebook, after I started her novel, and she is a real gem of a lady. She was very open to talking to me about the craft of writing and effective marketing. I always enjoy connecting with my readers and other authors and it was great to find another author, a great one, so receptive to sharing her expertise.

A big five stars for Mind Games (A Diana Racine Psychic Suspense) by Polly Iyer. Pick up the book, I promise, you won’t be disappointed. ( )
  Blakelybennett | Feb 24, 2014 |

During a New Orleans Mardi Gras Ball, psychic entertainer Diana Racine touches the hand of a masked Cyrano de Bergerac and is instantly transported into the icy-cold body of a dead woman submerged in water. As Diana crumples to the floor, water filling her lungs, she hears Cyrano whisper that the game has begun.??Diana has been called every epithet in the book: charlatan, cheat, publicity hound...and genius--all at least partially true. But convincing New Orleans police lieutenant Ernie Lucier that her vision of the dead woman is the real thing may be her hardest act yet. He becomes a believer when Diana leads him to the alligator-infested bayou and the woman's remains. When another vision leads to another body, it's clear that the two dead women are a prelude to the killer's ultimate victim--Diana.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,019,676 books! | Top bar: Always visible