The Dreamwalker by Lillian Bishop

The synopsis for this story had me intrigued right away. “Everyone loves a good mystery” is basically true, and I'm certainly one of them. This book didn't disappoint, and gave me a whole new outlook on the possibility of dreams. I was hoping for a good story, but it was even better than I expected.

This plot is simply fantastic- very original and creative. I don't want to give away any spoilers, so I'll simply say that the idea behind this story is fascinating, and had my imagination spinning. The mystery and suspense presented was exciting and intriguing. The main characters were very interesting, all having their own secrets and problems. The side characters helped create a well rounded story, and gave it a sense of depth. The surprises that popped up were awesome, and the ending was completely unexpected, and left me wanting more.

The overall writing was good, although the writing style and I clashed a bit. Some parts seemed redundant, and slightly like repetitive filler, and there were some grammar issues. I did very much enjoy reading this book, though! The authors did a fantastic job of pulling me into Sam's world, showing what his life is like, living with the dangerous supernatural ability he has. Overall, I feel this is a solid four star mystery adventure. Definitely a book I'd recommend to any YA, supernatural, or paranormal fan.

*I was given an ebook copy of this book, from the author, to read in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Rose.Wallin | Jan 20, 2016 |
What a fantastic (if dark at times) story full of surprises! I loved all of the friends that Sam has made, especially Rhi. Although there were a few mistakes that were a bit distracting, the story was so good that they didn't bother me as much as they normally would. Looking forward to the sequel! ( )
  madamediotte | Sep 6, 2014 |
After disappearing for years, Sam returns to school for his senior year. However, he has not lost his unique ability, the ability to enter others’ dreams. He makes a new friend but finds out she is a supernatural being. However, this friend helps him to understand the mysteries that surround Witch Lake and the people who love there. This book manages to combine several genres into one cohesive whole, which impressed me a lot. I do not normally like many paranormal books, but this one engaged me from the outset. I found myself reading eagerly to see where the authors would take me next. The writing is quite good. I commend the authors for an original paranormal plot and storyline. The characterization is also well done. The ending left me, the reader, eager to read the next book in the series, as it was unexpected and not as totally satisfying as it could be. I enjoyed the method the authors used in the book, though I thought it would only make things harder to understand and follow. Not so. This is a pretty good book for those who enjoy paranormal mysteries, as both are here in abundance. In addition, there is a bit of horror mixed in to keep the reader engaged and wondering. I have not read anything like this or of the author before, but will look for something similar and by the author in the future. They have converted me to this paranormal type story big time. I received this from Library Thing to read and review. ( )
  KMT01 | Apr 5, 2014 |
He disappeared off the face of his social world when his dreams began threatening his life. Homeschooled and isolated from same age peers, he gets used to his own company.

The dreams haven't gone away, but he has learned a way to sleep without dreaming. So his mother makes him go back to school. The only thing worse than being the new kid, is being the weird kid that disappeared and came back.

Like most teenage boys, a girl catches his eye. All normal, until she walks through an object and he realizes she's a ghost. So his new start at normal isn't exactly going so well.

It just keeps getting better. He's sitting in class and notices a guy start to nod off. He tries hard not to fall asleep himself. That's the ultimate no-no. Oops, he did it again. He meets his new classmate in his dream. But this dream doesn't go the way he anticipated.

And thus the real adventure begins.

Loved this book from beginning to almost end. Why almost? Because now I'm hanging for far too long while I wait for the next book in the series.

I was the lucky recipient of this book via Library Thing. I love ARCs! ( )
  LoftyIslanders | Mar 8, 2014 |
Let me start by saying: “I can’t wait for the next book to come out!” The Dreamwalker is a very intriguing book, not only for fans of the paranormal (such as myself) but also for people of all ages who are interested in a good adventure story. Although the characters are a strange mix of humans, ghosts, witches and werewolves, the story doesn’t follow the usual approach that we are all familiar with when it comes to stereotypes. The characters are beautifully portrayed and the dialogues have excellent punch lines. Once you start reading the book (I mean right from the first pages literally!) you will not be able to put it down. ( )
  jtt047 | Mar 6, 2014 |
A hush fell over the crowd of students as Sam Gardener climbed the steps of Witch Lake High.

Everyone loves a good mystery – and Sam Gardener is certainly one of those. Abruptly pulled from school years before, nobody has seen or heard from him since – until now. Returning to high school for his senior year, he is not the same friendly boy his classmates remember, and the rumors are flying. None, however, come close to the truth. The bearer of a strange and frightening supernatural ability, Sam strives to regain control of his life.

Along with some unlikely new friends with secrets of their own, Sam learns that his own mystery is only the tip of the iceberg in the quaint town of Witch Lake. With their help, he must learn the strength of his own gift, and lose the fear that comes with it. With their help, he can stand against the gathering darkness. Together, they can face the truth of Witch Lake, but alone? They will be lost beneath the surface, drowning in depths none could foresee.
Fall dreams fade away
As spirits walk the halls
Together they fight

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,617,934 books! | Top bar: Always visible