Don't Lie to Me by Stacey Lynn

Don't Lie to Me

by Stacey Lynn

172587,099 (4)None

I am in awe with Stacey’s new book. First, I want to say if you are expecting something like Just One Song, you aren’t going to get it here. Yes, the teary love story part, but this isn’t just a love story. I was a little apprehensive… Why? Well, if you read my reviews, you know that I am not a fan of erotica, usually. This book is classified as erotica. It is, but yet it’s not. I suppose the sex scenes make it an erotica. However, when I think of erotica, I wouldn’t necessarily think of this book.

Yes, there is sex in this book. Uh Oh! Watch out for those of you who shun the descriptive sex scenes… Yeah, I am not a fan of them. These scenes aren’t dirty. They aren’t distasteful. They are well written and go with the book. What do I mean? I have read some books where the majority of the book is nothing but sex, sex, and more sex. To the point, I wanted to throw the book. I would ask myself what the whole point of the book was. Not this book. There wasn’t a copious amount of sex. The scenes with sex went right along with the plot of the book and are in good taste. They are descriptive, but didn’t make me crinkle my nose and make me want to skip over them. That says a lot for Stacey’s writing… Trust me.

I loved the interactions created between all of the characters. The relationships are believable and relatable. That is hard to come by and hard to capture in writing at times. The passion and compassion between the characters was superbly written. I never had to question what was going on or what someone was feeling. I loved Jack. Although, I loved Dean (what we saw of him) and I loved Marcus. I could see Emma with any of them… Don’t hate! They are all three likable characters.

What am I saying? I am saying this is one of the better books I have read in a while. Yes there have been books that I have absolutely loved, but there is something about this book that I just totally adored. It is more than worth reading. I would totally recommend this book to anyone, no matter what genre they prefer. This book made me an even bigger Stacey Lynn fan… I see many more successful books coming from her in the near future. ( )
  UANBookAddict | Dec 3, 2015 |
This book has been on my #WaitingOnFire list for months now..And after I read it,my anticipation was well rewarded!!

Emma and Jack is one of my favourite couples ever..

Emma has been through so much and finally when she has it all,a storm is knocking on her door..She is an amazing character who shows love and determination ,beyond words..She is sweet and kind,but feisty and relentless when it comes to people she loves..

Jack is thought to be the insensitive man with the blank exterior.But it couldn't further from the truth.He thinks he's dark and dangerous,but not to Emma and Logan..He adores them and does everything he can to protect them both,even if it kills him in the process..

They are so different from each other but when they're together it's like they are one person..

Don't Lie To Me is fun,romantic and passionate..Nothing short of excellent! ( )
  cool_mia | Jul 22, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,642,763 books! | Top bar: Always visible