Far Gone by Laura Griffin

Far Gone

by Laura Griffin

This is the first book I've read by Laura Griffin, and I wasn't disappointed. The main characters are an FBI agent and an Austin, Texas police detective who find themselves investigating the same case for different reasons. Neither have had successful relationships but find themselves drawn together by their emotional reaction to each other as well as the emotions surrounding their case. Both characters are believable and the mystery is well written and interesting. Nothing was extremely unique about the book, but it was a solid, well-written story. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
ardcover (edit)
review Here is the issue with romantic/suspense writers who try to go legit so to speak -- I want sex. I expect sex. I am reading your book for sex and honestly, the suspense is secondary. Some call this "romance" because it makes them feel more comfortable or clean, but it is really sex/suspense. There are way too many mystery and thriller writers with only a very small number who reign supreme. I say, continue to reign supreme in your genre, romantic (sex)/suspense. Griffin, who I have previously read with fond recollection, starts out strong but loses steam and thus Far Gone becomes one of many generic stories by nameless authors. I want a decent story and some hot attraction and witty dialogue between fairly attractive characters who can't keep their clothes on with a fair amount of detail past no more than page 50. Page 30 is better.
Provided by publisher ( )
  hfineisen | Aug 25, 2014 |
I hadn't read a book by Laura Griffin before, and I found that I really enjoyed Far Gone. After reading this book, I had to wonder why I hadn't tried this author before because she wrote a great thriller. Andrea is very well developed in the book especially since she is the character that grows the most. The book begins with action that leads to Andrea's career as a police detective being threatened, and this suspension leads Andrea into the middle of an investigation that hits close to home. The book is full of twists and turns, but it is the connection between Andrea and Jon that really made the book for me. Jon helps Andrea see that she needs to fight for the career she loves, and this case allows her to really make a difference. Overall Far Gone proved to be a great read, and I look forward to reading this author again.

Received a copy of Far Gone through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Sable677 | Jun 22, 2014 |
I received a copy of this book to review. I probably given this book four stars but, the copy I received was difficult to read. Punctuation was all messed up and it was difficult to follow the conversations. Found the romance part of the novel a bit distracting. The plot was good and would read other books by this author. ( )
  bfpijuan | Jun 16, 2014 |
Terrorism has infested our lives, both domestic and foreign, and so it invades fiction as well. Here it is the domestic version, home grown and doing its' best to confuse those tasked with hunting it by pretending to be foreign. But not everybody is fooled. Unfortunately for him, our hero has more on his plate than a bad man. He also has a local soon to be ex-cop, interfering with his investigation because she's trying to help her little brother, who has become entangled with the terrorist group. She ticks everything on his list for a happy ever after, something neither is looking for. In this fine fictional world, the bad guy is caught, the hero is vindicated, the heroine gets to keep her job and her new man, and the brother moves on with his life. A good, quick read I enjoyed. ( )
  susanbeamon | Jun 7, 2014 |

Andrea Finch is a rising star in the Austin police department until a split-second decision derailed her career. On leave from her job, she gets an urgent call from her younger brother. Andrea's search for answers takes her to a dusty Texas border town where nothing is quite what it seems. FBI agent Jon North is working undercover in west Texas investigating an unsolved murder that may be linked to a broader plot. When the evidence points to Andrea's brother, they race to confront a heartless killer who will stop at nothing to deliver a final, terrifying message.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,560,254 books! | Top bar: Always visible